Ceado E37 range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceado E37 range

There hasn't been much written about the Ceado grinders. I don't thiink they have been available here until relatively recently. I checked out a few at Jetblack (who appears to be the Australian distributor?) the other day. From what I saw, they are quite impressive and I am feeling the purse strings loosening .
    My current grinder (a Macap MXK conical) is nearing the 10 years mark but still delivering quality coffee. However, I find the E37J rather alluring. Some features that attracted my attention are the small(ish) size, easy access to the burrs, the 'steady lock' which maintains a fixed distance between the burrs and doserless with accurate timed dosing. Yes, I know doserless + timer is nothing new but I've only ever owned dosered grinders up to now.
    I noticed user Yeastncaffeine bought a Ceado recently and looking for a manual for him is what brought this brand to my attention. Anyone else bought one, especially the E37J? Interested in hearing your thoughts.

Flynn I was hoping you were going to say you had tried a E37Z and it turned swill in to the best coffee of your life. Would love to get a local review of the E37Z.

When I bought my Atom there was a lot of WLL and other comparison reviews on youtube. Hope you get some local experience!

Comment

Nah, the E37Z is an impressive bit of kit but overkill for my needs and wouldn't look out of place in a lab or space observatory. I don't think Jetblack has landed any of these yet.
      I might take them up on the offer of a try of the E5SD when I go back to pick up my machine.

But speaking of turning water into wine, anyone care to explain what this E5SD spec means - the Antioxidant bit?
      Burrs Flat 64mm Antioxidant
      I'm guessing that it refers to the single dose aspect, the beans don't sit in a hopper potentially oxidising, but it makes it sound like it can actively prevent oxidation. Ah wait, according to WLL
      features a unique pair of 64mm burrs that were treated with an antioxidant coating to protect against degradation and rust.

Comment

• SanderP
        SanderP commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like the marketing team got involved with that description.

Cheers

338 commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought the offer from Jetblack to compare the E5SD directly against the Niche was generous and also good to get some Ceado traction. I would definitely take them up on it if going anyway. Is the E5SD the equivalent of the E37J but single dosing? Similar 64mm burr size.

• flynnaus
        flynnaus commented
        Editing a comment
        The E37SD is the single dosing equivalent of the E37J but has 83mm burrs. The E37R is the E37J with 83mm burrs.

Drop in any time for a test drive Flynnaus.

The "antioxidant" business is about a coating on the burrs which allows single dosing using the RDT (Ross Droplet Technique) - ie you can spray the beans with water before grinding to minimise static. Personally, I haven't seen the need to use the water spray but the grinder does come with the spray bottle etc. As for the E37R, it has a more aggressive version of the 64mm burrs that are in the E37J so it grinds faster. The E37S has the 83mm flat burrs so even faster than the E37R.

charlie

Comment

• roosterben
        roosterben commented
        Editing a comment
        Are the burrs proprietary Ceado or just Mazzer standard burrs? Just wondering as then you could throw in some Red Speed Burrs which would make the E5SD a nice package with that upgrade (although it looks pretty good as is).

Sorry FlynnAus as I am hijacking a your thread a bit as your are primarily interested in the E37 range.

• JetBlack_Espresso
        >JetBlack_Espresso commented
        Editing a comment
        They're proprietary Ceado burrs. This is actually one of the features of Ceado grinders - they manufacture their own burrs which puts them in a very select group of grinder manufacturers. Whenever I've asked them about a particular set of burrs in one of their grinders they've responded with an essay regarding design, material selection, coating ... Suffice to say I don't think you'd get any benefit from throwing in another set of burrs!

Will do Charlie.
      So far, I keep coming back to the E37J. I like the compact size. I'm not that fussed about fast grind times so can't justify the extra $s for the E37R or E37S. Checked out a few WLL videos this morning and I must admit the E5SD looks impressive.
      I have my kit at your workshop getting serviced so looking forward to a demo when I come to pick it up.

Comment

• roosterben
        roosterben commented
        Editing a comment
        Also bit cheeky but if you do your own blowout and small funnel (or just use a small tamper) then the E5P would be a pretty neat single doser for $1200 odd. The only awkward thing is the grind being initiated but a button by the portafilter.

• JetBlack_Espresso
        Editing a comment
        Actually the grind is initiated by pressing (and holding) a button on the side. So you'd just need a workaround for the hopper/DIY bellows etc

Sorry FlynnAus as I am hijacking a your thread a bit as your are primarily interested in the E37 range

No apology necessary. I originally considered making this the Ceado thread as there was little on CS about them but as this brand gains more popularity, others might want to open up threads specific to other Ceado models.

Comment

Charlie, a feature I look for in a grinder is the ability to clean the grinder without disturbing the grind settings. Would you please identify which grinders in the Ceado range have that property?

Comment

• JetBlack_Espresso
          Editing a comment
          The E37 range can be cleaned without changing the grind setting. Having said that, the E6/E5 range can be cleaned and as long as they're reassembled by starting the threaded collar at the same point where it came off the grinder (there are two points at opposite sides of the collar so this is not hard to do with a little care) then the grind setting can be put back to where it was before cleaning.

• flynnaus
          flynnaus commented
          Editing a comment
          Check out the Ceado reviews on Whole Latte Love. They cover the cleaning of the grinders.

Wow that E37Z almost instantaneously grinds an 18gm dose. Is it even a couple of seconds?

​​​​​​Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X