No announcement yet.

G-IOTA / DF64 Grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing that Katsuya. Looks like a great single dose grinder for price Id be interested to hear your thoughts on the grind retention without the bellows in a couple of weeks once it's run in and grounds have filled up in all the little nooks and crannies

Comment

Originally posted by katsuya View Post
      Day 2 with DF64

I started with 18g of coffee, grind without using the bellows to show you how it functioned, I didn't spray any water. The grinder stops automatically at 30s. Basically, without using the bellows during grinding process, the grinder retained 1.2g of coffee between the burrs. I was able to get the rest of ground coffee out by turning on the grinder and use the bellows to blow all the retaining coffee out.

Therefore, the correct way of using this grinder is push the bellows while grinding, then you will get almost no retention.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nQaTNd4HMQDHWfwi9
      Yes good share, thanks for the thoughts and experience with this new equipment

Comment

katsuya - hows the experience now a week or so in?

Very interested in getting one of these or waiting several months to get in the next Niche order. Personally I'm not a big fan of the Niche styling and like the look of the DF64 more. But interested to see how functionally they are and if they perform to a level like the Niche.

Comment

Bump.. how is it going so far katsuya - keen for more of your thoughts on it

Comment

FYI Bplus also sells the DF64 for cheaper price

Comment

I've had this grinder for about a month now and it has been working well. My previous grinder was a eureka specialita with a 3d printed hopper with bellows for single dosing. I didn't have both grinders at the same time so any difference in taste might be placebo but the Df64 seems more balanced. Dose out had always been within 0.2g of dose in with RDT and I don't have any issues with static. Doesn't look as good as the specialita but feels more solid.

Comment

Bit the bullet and placed an order for one tonight. Will play around for a bit an put out a bit of a review.

Comment

For those interested, this might offer some extra insight on making a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Thom View Post
                    For those interested, this might offer some extra insight on making a decision.
                    The link isn’t working. Is it the Dave Corby YouTube video?

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post
                      The link isn’t working. Is it the Dave Corby YouTube video?
                      If the link isn't working then it's a problem on your end as it's working for for others.

It's a James Hoffmann video on YouTube. Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53lTlpjM2sQ

Java "Working fine here!" phile
                      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Hi all, sorry I have't come up here much. After two months of using this grinder, i'm generally happy with it. There always a bit of fines at the end of grinding process, which is explained in James Hoffman's video, something I might try to find a solution to. It also create quite a big of mess, James suggests to add some water, I did that and I don't see much benefit. There was this once I put too much water and I guess the coffee became too slippery, the grinder couldn't get the retention to grind the coffee, so it just spins lol.

Comment

• EdH
                          EdH commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I’d recommend getting a spray bottle instead of just adding water manually (a cheap one from Daiso is more than sufficient). I live in a dry area in Australia and with RDT I never had any issue with static at all.

By the way, coffee tech failed to send me the plastic dosing cup and would not send me one without me paying extra postage again. a bit of frustration there... please bear in mind that I paid NZ$68 for the grinder to be shipped to AU.

Comment

Working...
                        X