Espresso grinder 500-1k options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espresso grinder 500-1k options?

I currently own a Baratza Sette 270W and looking in the future to change/upgrade. I am finding this machine is just getting obnoxiously loud in comparison to owning an ECM synchronika alongside. What machines would be recommended

I single dose
    I make 1-2 coffees per day, never back to back
    Needs to be for espresso ( with an occasional cold brew batch during summer) this is not too important as I could just use my hand grinder for my cold brewing
    Aesthetics does not bother me
    Size isn’t an issue either

Wont be a purchase happening yet, but just looking at what options I should check out when the time comes to it!

Eureka Mignon Single dose would be a good match. North of budget though

Comment

• FilthySudo
      FilthySudo commented
      Editing a comment
      I was looking at the eureka range. There are so many choices out there, that its just impossible to try comparing them all unless you watch reviews for each and write down pros and cons and details about each etc

• FilthySudo
      FilthySudo commented
      Editing a comment
      Would the Mignon specialita be on par with this? Especially if you were to add the 3D single dose hopper onto it like I’ve seen on etsy that someone makes

If for me moving from Sette I maybe save up on to Atom 65 at a minimum or the Eureka Single dose than I think its worth the while. Better quality and quiet as well. Thay feels like a few step up vs specialita in my opinion

Comment

• FilthySudo
      FilthySudo commented
      Editing a comment
      You feel as if the specialita would produce a similar result as the sette? I do agree on your logic though. Better to go up rather than just a step sideways where there isn't improvement. I'll keep it in mind! Like is aid, won't be a purchase just yet, but the single dose looks the part and also ticks alot of boxes

• Nubarista
      Nubarista commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah because I think Sette is still a good grinder, issue is if you make small changes you will end up with a bigger purchase after 😁😁 anyway

A little more money but I've been super impressed with the Mahlkonig X54 from site sponsors Casa Espresso . I posted a review here, just search for the machine by name. So much to like about it. If I were going to have just one grinder in that price range it would be the one.

Comment

• FilthySudo
      FilthySudo commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll check it out! Thanks tom

I have a friend who has bought one, from the pics he sent I really like the looks. Even with bellows still looks slick

https://youtu.be/uoXE7bhadhM

can’t wait to have a look in person once lockdown is over

Comment

• Nubarista
      Nubarista commented
      Editing a comment
      In reference to Malkohnig x54

Originally posted by Caffeinator View Post
    Eureka Mignon Single dose would be a good match. North of budget though
    Actually eyeing this off! 1400$ pre order in aus or buy overseas for just under 1k including postage

Comment

Working...
    X