Noisy grinder solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy grinder solution

How many of you have had the discussion over how noisy your coffee making ritual is? I start work early, and the noise from my grinder has(occasionally) woken up my son. I changed from a Mazer mini to an Atom to reduce the noise and the duration of grinding. Despite this, my son still hears me constructing my morning coffee. We have built a wooden box, lined with foam to reduce the noise to encase my grinder. The front is still open to allow access and the top is hinged so it’s easy to load beans. Now everyone is happy.

Do you have any photos? Would love to see some snaps of the setup.

Comment

Can improve insulation by using a proper sound deadening material that designed for this purpose (you can easily find it in car gadget shops, JayCar, etc.) and don't forget to place the grinder on sound & vibration deadening matt to prevent the bench becoming a speaker.

Comment

I had a colleague who had this problem back when I was working shiftwork.
        His solution?
        Tell the children that when they started to pay the mortgage, food and power bills they could complain.

Comment

Trying to upload image of box but software not allowing me to.

Comment

• level3ninja
            level3ninja commented
            Editing a comment
            You haven't got enough posts yet. Try making a few more (next to your username you can see you have made 3)

Not sure why Tapatalk labelled me as Wholebeans. Here is the grinder sound box
          Attached Files

Comment

• Kjarsheim
            Kjarsheim commented
            Editing a comment
            Whilst I admire your dedication to your family, my experience has been that children adapt very quickly to things, especially when they know it's not going to change

• Whorl
            Whorl commented
            Editing a comment
            It does look pretty good! How was the reduction in sound? My current solution of a towel wrapped around the grinder and held in place with rubber bands could use replacing.

I had a mate visiting last week.
          He perked up when I made him a coffee.
          “What on earth is that?
          That is the quietest grinder I have ever not heard.”
          My Lagom P64.

Comment

My partner suffers with my sette 270 grinding early mornings 😂. They learn to deal with it after a while haha

Comment

same problem

Comment

• amberale
                amberale commented
                Editing a comment
                Sudo’s missus/partner complains about the noise your grinder makes???
            Working...
            X