No announcement yet.

Does anybody know what this roaster is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody know what this roaster is?

I found this roaster on a brochure from Boema.

Does any body have any more details about it?

The supplier that I got the brochure from doesnt know any more.

Cheers

Re: Does anybody know what this roaster is?

Never seen it before. I dont know if its the scan or what but my impression looking at it is that its an older model/design.

Java "Retro Look" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

I googled "Roastilino" as I could read it on the picture you put up and come up with...............

http://www.scenta.co.uk/scenta/library.cfm?cit_id=4390&lan_id=1&FaArea1=customWid gets.content_view_1

Apparently it won awards. Roasts about 200 grams at a time according to one source from cofeegeeks. Another German web site offers it for sale for 1,899 Euros, but I couldnt understand how you might order it....

An interesting point in the acticle was the comment "New in 2004 will be a model, aimed at the commercial market, pubs and fast food operations, which incorporates an internal grinding mechanism and fully automates the coffee-making process from bean to cup - an entirely new departure for the company."

From bean to cup, hmm, interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Jugi link=1146891737/0#2 date=1146906228

An interesting point in the acticle was the comment "New in 2004 will be a model, aimed at the commercial market, pubs and fast food operations, which incorporates an internal grinding mechanism and fully automates the coffee-making process from bean to cup - an entirely new departure for the company."

From bean to cup, hmm, interesting!
        Good sluething with the Google

Seems a wierd way to go (roaster and grinder) seeing as most of us here roasting our own will leave fresh beans for 48-72 hours before consuiming to let them out-gas and the flavours develop.

Also, I would imagine that the temp involved in roasting would not be the best for the rest of the components in the machine over the life span of the unit.

Maybe thats why its still "Coming in 2004" ;D

Comment

LOL No wonder I didnt find anything when I googled it, I thought it said Toastilino.

Java "Needs his eyes checked" phile
          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Not a good roaster at all Ive used it and its like a big precision for lots of money, my advice would be give it a wide berth.

Comment

Hehe - I googled Toastilino too which is why I couldnt find anything about it.

1,900 Euros - thats steep.

Thanks all for the input its been usefull.

Comment

Working...
              X