Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice. Can you post a pic of the inside showing the splitters and paddles, curious to see how it is setup.

What batch size do you run on this?

Cheers

Comment

• Hi Artman
      The splitter is the perf panel, which just cuts off the corner below the gun port, giving a little gap for around 1/2 the airflow to get down into the bean mass. The paddle extender is just pop riveted to the paddle to give a little extra height. Hopefully you can see that a little in the last pic.
      I'm usually running 750g batches with this setup, and it handles it pretty easily

Comment

• I think I know what you mean. So the heat gun air doesn't directly hit the bean mass?

I have a double paddle BM and do a quarter of a CS bag of green, 625g which ends up as ~500g roasted.

Cheers

Comment

• Some of the airflow goes straight onto the top of the bean mass, but half is directed down and out into the lower part of the bean mass via the holes. It also acts to produce more 'radiant' heat, as the splitter itself would warm up being directly in the airflow. I'm not sure on amounts, but I could certainly taste the difference when I installed my first variation

Here are a pic of Mk1 and looking into the current chimney, and the finished project …

Cheers Matt

Click image for larger version

Name:	DBC-splitter-paddle-extension.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	739034 Click image for larger version

Name:	DBC-Coretto-Entry-Port-Jun15IMG_0011.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	739035 Click image for larger version

Name:	DBC-Corretto-Complete-Jun15.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	739036

Comment

• Ahhh that makes sense now. Interesting that the difference is noticeable, well done.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X