Gene Cafe from HasBean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Cafe from HasBean

Has anyone here bought a Gene Cafe from HasBean? If so what did it cost landed and how long did it take? You can PM me if you prefer. Are Hasbean still a site sponsor? I havent seen their ad for a while and wondered if they had opted out or are no longer there for more sinister reasons.

Does anyone know of a local dealer who is considering importing the Gene Cafe into Oz?

Cheers,
    cd.

Re: Gene Cafe from HasBean

Lots of questions... here are some of the answers.

Not a current Sponsor, Steve was for 4 months but the sales volume wasnt high enough to continue. (although I know a couple of CSrs have bought them from him since).

Nothing sinister, HasBean Steve is very honest and helpful and like all our current site sponsors, will bend over backwards to make sure you are happy with the purchase. I know of one CSer who had some grief with customs and Steve did all he could to help (above and beyond the call really).

I dont know of any local distributors yet.

....others will answer the questions I missed
    ;-)

Comment

Thanks Andy.

Comment

I purchased from HasBean and can say nothing but good things about Steves service and support
        The cost of frieght is high but you got to expect that 3 days was all it took to get here.
        I had a heater failure - no problems Steve send out a replacement.
        It is a shame that no one in Australia is taking them on board because they are a great roaster.
        Maybe the demand is just not here.

Croweater

Comment

Originally posted by Croweater link=1155223154/0#3 date=1155260607
          I purchased from HasBean and can say nothing but good things about Steves service and support
          The cost of frieght is high but you got to expect that 3 days was all it took to get here.
          It is a shame that no one in Australia is taking them on board because they are a great roaster.

Croweater
          I spoke to one of our sponsors last week about the gene cafe and the hottop and I think that there is real potential something will come out of this to give us a true aussie vendor.....stay tuned!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1155223154/0#4 date=1155261383
            Originally posted by Croweater link=1155223154/0#3 date=1155260607

Croweater
            I spoke to one of our sponsors last week about the gene cafe and the hottop and I think that there is real potential something will come out of this to give us a true aussie vendor.....stay tuned!

Chris

good to hear, I have approval for a dedicated roaster (the mess, time and smell from the popper have been helping sway things) so I was contemplating the gene cafe or hottop but hte lack of a true aust based agent/vendor was causing me a few concerns.

so you can put me down as a potential customer.

Clint

Comment

Sounds very promising, put me down as a potential buyer too. Especially if its cheaper than the Hottop, which sounds like a great unit, but $$$$ a bit pricey for a novice.

Bart.

Comment

If it helps anyone concerned about buying from such a distance, I live a couple of hours from the HasBean roastery and know Steve very well. He made a few of us very welcome when we visited and he is my main green supplier. Steve is a top man who is extremely passionate about coffee and I would not hesitate to recommend his customer service to anyone interested in doing business with him.

Comment

I have been listening to a few podcasts lately from coffeegeek and portafilter.net and Steve makes an appearance in the portafilter.net live podcast. He came across as a genuine guy who is really passionate about coffee....

Dan

Comment

Hi all ....

I am looking at getting a Gene Cafe and have emailed Steve with a questions.

He has asked me to pass on that he misses you all, but is quite busy at the moment & doesnt have time to pop in.

He mentioned the customs issues were related to the courier company they were initially using, they have changed now, and all seems ok.

Hope that is of use to people.

Comment

Well... my Gene Cafe just arrived yesterday from Steve @ Hasbean and I couldnt be happier with the service.. It literally took 3 days to get here and arrived in perfect condition via courier. He emailed me to confirm order and emailed me to let me know it was despatched.

Its important to note that the roaster comes with a European plug but will work fine with Australian 240volts. I went to Dick Smiths and bought an Aussie Power plug for $2.00. I took it to a local appliance repair shop and the guy cut off the plug and put the new one on. It took all of 3 mins.. and he didnt charge me cos it was such an easy job. If you dont want to cut the plug off, you could just use a travel adaptor.. which will cost you about $10

I have just done my first roast and I have to say it was very very easy and the results look quite good! The orbital action of the Gene Cafe is very engrossing... i stood there and watched it for the whole roast! The way it separates the chaff was just awesome and also it was VERY quiet. Highly recommended!

Comment

I am so jealous. My other half says we can get one for christmas, so I have to wait a while

But the good news is, we will get one! 8-)

So in the meantime I will just have to practise, practise, practise with my popper.

I am glad you commented on the orbital action, as I think that is what has sucked me into getting the Gene Cafe ... I like something that is visual like that.

Comment

OK - so how much does it cost delivered to AUS ??

I note that you can buy one on ebay.com.au from invalsa for US $495 ($650) - but not sure if its 240V. Anyone used invalsa before ?

Any other options to buy from ?

Comment

Hi vinessence,

For us Aussies, I think it is still better to buy a Gene Cafe from HazBeanSteve as the units are already setup to operate from our mains supply and are actually a little cheaper than the one currently on evilbay plus, Im sure you will receive exemplary service and support from Steve.... Choice is up to you though,

Mal.

Comment

Dear Gene Cafe Lovers

Im very proud to announce that, I will be the importer for the Gene Cafe roaster in Australia.
                              The roasters will be here by Christmas or early Jan 2007
                              I will be working closely with you (service,training...) to get the Gene Cafe the best name in home coffee roasting machine in Australia.

Have a very Merry Christmas.

Serge Siboni

Comment

Working...
                              X