Hottop Digital could be the one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hottop Digital could be the one...

After considering the replies to my other thread (Help me choose a roaster) I am thinking the hottop could be a better choice (than the GeneCafe). It looks like it would last longer, be more convenient with the build in cooling tray, and have some local support, at a cost of about 15% more.

I have been talking to Jack Chen about the hottop (got his email address and phone number from a search on this forum). Im a little nervous as there is no ABN or online ordering, just a EFT and hope it turns up someday soon.

Id feel better if I saw a few people here vouch for Jack ???

Brett D

Re: Hottop Digital could be the one...

I used Jack without any problems whatsoever...However, its time for a sponsor to get a dealership for these in OZ....I have been chatting to one of the others witht a view that both hottop and gene cafe might make sense...

2mcm

Comment

Thanks for the information Chris. Im about to make a Hottop purchase as well. Ill certainly use a site sponsor if someone does something soon.

Comment

I wholeheartedly recommend the Hottop. I bought one directly from the company, before they were available in Aus.

They are built like a tank, and they produce a very consistent roast. They do need the odd filter replacement, but my Hottop has not missed a beat.

Happy roasting!

Chris

Comment

I got mine through Hasbean 14 months ago. I do 300g at a time and have just completed my 90th roast and like Stratfords, it hasnt missed a beat. The price made me wince a little, but so far, I reckon its been a ripper.

Comment

My boss bought one from Jack about two weeks ago. sall good. I reckon the cooling tray makes it a much more attractive option than the GeneCafe; if Im going to shell out hundreds of dollars for a roaster, I dont want to have to then have my own makeshift cooler! > Sure, the Gene is adjustable, but Im yet to hear any reports of anyone really taking advantage of this. If you really need to adjust the HT profile, I know of a few pro-roasters who have PIDded theirs. Theres even a guy in the US who has developed a whole package to do so: http://www.pawlan.com/ccr.html

Comment

Originally posted by kombikid link=1156396378/0#2 date=1156405098
              Thanks for the information Chris. Im about to make a Hottop purchase as well. Ill certainly use a site sponsor if someone does something soon.

make that two potential customers.

Comment

Originally posted by luca link=1156396378/0#5 date=1156465488
                ...Theres even a guy in the US who has developed a whole package to do so: http://www.pawlan.com/ccr.html
                The cost for the modified hotty aint cheap ~US$2800. This includes the hottop as the mods have to be done by Jeffrey Pawlan, not a retrofit by the owner.

Comment

Well, I went ahead and ordered a hottop via Jack last weekend.

The whole process from bank deposit to delivery took 1 week (it arrived today) and Jack kept me in the loop the whole way through [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Thanks to all who help "push me over the edge" on this one, the hottop seems to be a great roaster, and very easy to use.

Here it is cooling my second ever roast (I left the first one in just a tad too long)

Brett D

Comment

Working...
                  X