New Rotisserie Grill Roaster @ Aldi for 23 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rotisserie Grill Roaster @ Aldi for 23 Nov

Aldi is selling next week a nice looking roaster that could possibley be converted to a drum roaster.
    They dont say how many watts but it should be good enough....

Re: New Rotisserie Grill Roaster @ Aldi for 23 Nov

Heres a hallucination I had.....

Comment

If anyone does get onto this deal, I know a guy in Abbotsford (Melb) who can produce a good quality stainless steel drum for it

Chris

Comment

There are a couple of Aldis close to me.

How do these things go roasting beans?

Comment

Its a Gene cafe drum inside the rotisserie grill! If yes, its a good news

Serge

Comment

I did some searches & the closest looking unit (below) is actually made by CHANG YUE INDUSTRIAL CORP the manufacturer of the HOTTOP Coffee Roaster (they also give this rotisserie the HOTTOP brand, with a lot lower price tag!!).

It is a lot bigger than what it looks (holds 2 chooks). The HOTTOP Coffee Roaster is 750W this unit is 1200W. Therefore I would think it would have no problems roasting but the ideal batch size would be between 500g & 2000g.

An idea for the roasting drum design is to bend the perforated metal so the cross-sectional view is like a distorted capital "G" character. If the drum rotates anti-clockwise then the beans should never fall out but the chaff might (which might be a good thing). To empty the drum then rotate the drum clockwise. I did see a stainless steel bin in a discount gift shop (that had small perforated holes) that could be easily modified.

Comment

Me thinks 14Coffee is a bit of a wizz at Photoshop!
              Nice work 14, made me look twice too, the beans on the plate were a master touch.

That roaster looks like the ones that were getting sold stateside at one point as a coffee roaster but they had to put a halogen light in the front window to get enough heat into it.  Maybe that could be changed to infrared (alas, thats another thread)

Still could be a good project for someone to tinker with.

Interesting that "Hottop" make these... I wonder if we will ever see Hottop coffee roasters at Aldi? Anyone know who someone who buys for Aldi

Comment

Interesting that the Hottop roaster has a part number of KN-8828. :-?

Java "Coincidence?" phile
                Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Mmmmm, my only concern would be that it wouldnt rotate fast enough??? Else, looks like a good idea... would the Chaff fall on the elements and create a fire???

Interesting idea.... alot cheaper than a BBQ conversion thats for sure... which was what Im considering - to upgrade from popper methods...

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile link=1163640688/0#7 date=1163689383

That was tweaked in by 14Coffee thou

Twas the dream :

Belinda

Comment

Originally posted by Corretto link=1163640688/0#9 date=1163720489
                      Originally posted by Javaphile link=1163640688/0#7 date=1163689383

That was tweaked in by 14Coffee thou

Twas the dream :

Belinda
                      The Horizontal Twin Rotisserie part number KN-8820 in this post is a real product. The only dream part was 14coffees photoshopping it into a roaster in his earlier post.

Java "Wheres Mulder and Scully?" phile
                      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Oops Java "insert witty remark here" phile, I was looking at the wrong reply. [smiley=embarassed.gif]

Comment

Just on this one, I have an unwanted, spare drum (purchased for $120+) from the US based evilBay dude which I suspect will fit this well or perhaps with minor nods....I am happy for it to be a freebie to the first Melbourne based member to PM me

Chris

Drum has gone to a new home...thanks to all

Comment

Doh!

Comment

My local Aldi has a number of these reduced from $99 to $69. My wife wondered if I should buy one to try.

Has anyone tried one?

Ron

Comment

Working...
                              X