X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Information/Reviews of Bread-makers

Here are a couple more photos

forgot to mention I did rip the guts out the BM, I left only the motor a switch and a capacitor and thats it, you can see from the photo above that there is nothing left on the display board on top.

Comment

My stealth roaster (I had to pinch it out of the cupboard and set it up while SWMBO was at lunch)

* Make / model - Sunbeam Bakehouse (BM5600)
      * where/how did you acquire - Stole it from the pantry while the Bwana wasnt looking
      * internal size of bowl (width, depth, height) - 13 X 13 X 16
      * minimum quantity roasted - I havent tried a small roast yet
      * maximum quantity roasted - 640g
      * requires modding to run for sufficient time yes/no - No
      * max run time without mod - This one has a butter churning cycle, 30 minutes run time with no heat.
      * comments re other mods required (shortened paddle etc) - Apart from taking the lid off, nothing yet.
      * location of temp probe and any issues re installing - Two locations based on a 600g roast size. One in the bottom third and one in the top third.
      * any general comments re use (deep bowl - heats faster etc) - I use a Bosch variable heat gun and havent had to set it above 500C to achieve 1C by 12 minutes. The stand for the heat gun is a gravity feed spraygun holder.

It took me about 20 minutes to set up for my first roast while Her Indoors was at lunch with her sister. All my stealth was for nothing though because I didnt factor in the lingering smell.

Comment

* Make / model_ Breville Bakers Oven BB290
        * Where/how did you acquire_Good Guys. I hand over the money and then they give it to me. Not available any more, but second hands can be found in local classifieds and website classifieds.
        * Internal size of bowl (width, depth, height)_Guestimate about17 cm square. Depth 25 cm approx.
        * minimum quantity roasted._ 300 grams.
        * maximum quantity roasted_ 800 grams. I would not do that again.
        * requires modding to run for sufficient time _ No.
        * max run time without mod_ 27 minutes.
        * location of temp probe and any issues re installing_Entry from side hole into bread pan about 2 cm from bottom and 2 cm intrusion of probe into bean mass. Tip facing into the same direction of the rotating bean mass.
        * comments re other mods required (shortened paddle etc)_ Not required.
        * any general comments re use (deep bowl - heats faster etc) The console can be used to attach the heat gun to with sticky tape, thus can do without a heatgun stand.
        A 10 minute cooling safety feature in built. Meaning it cant be re-started straight away unless it can be by passed by mods.
        I use that 10 minutes to bag the beans, and weigh/ blend green beans prior to next roast.
        Recommended load is 600gm greens for optimum result based on the size of the pan.
        * Pics here.

Comment

Meet R2D2.....

I have just made the jump from popper to Coretto for roasting and have been very happy with the results.
          * Make / model - Tiffany TS-018S
          * where/how did you acquire - Charity shop, $10
          * internal size of bowl (width, depth, height) 15x15x15
          * minimum quantity roasted - 300g
          * maximum quantity roasted - 300g (only 1 roast so far)
          * requires modding to run for sufficient time no
          * max run time without mod - 20 mins on dough cycle
          * comments re other mods required (shortened paddle etc) Paddle didnt need shortening, but the bread bowl protrudes above the base of the machine (see 2nd pic), so to retain heat, I used only the alloy lining from the lid and made a height adjustable gap to allow chaff to escape (see third pic).
          * location of temp probe and any issues re installing In a bottom corner, facing direction of bean flow, about 8mm from the bottom
          * any general comments re use (deep bowl - heats faster etc) I bought a Tiffany based on reports elsewhere on CS that it needs no modification. So far, I am very happy with the set up. My first roast took 15minutes, but I need to extend the 1C-2C interval by finessing the heatgun height. Note the polypipe mounting for the heatgun - it swivels and is height adjustable.
          * photo of Bread maker (if possible)

Comment

Not sure how best to manage this, Mods can do whatever they want with it.

Ive some updates for the Tiffany TS-018S.

* Maximum quantity roasted: 500g (and I reckon thats about the limit, *might* do 600g but the 500g batch was a bit uneven)
            * If further runtime is desired it is easy to mod this one for continuous running (PM me for details, I think I also posted the details in my "First roast" thread on the Home Roasting board).
            * Due to the round body I used a bead type TC into a hole drilled into the bottom corner of the pan, retained on the pan by Kapton (high temperature insulation) tape rather than drilling a probe through the outer body, also makes it easier to pull the pan.

Comment

My first roast: setup was 8" stainless steel pot from camping kit, wooden spoon to stir with, Fluke 289 DMM with thermocoupler and hand held heat gun (exhausting)!

Click image for larger version

Name:	glenmo_with_heat_gun.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	733852Click image for larger version

Name:	australian-coffee.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	733853Click image for larger version

Name:	plot.png
Views:	2
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	733854

Comment

Hi rowdee, i have just aquired this very same bread machine and I was wondering what cycle do you select to use for your roasting and do you know how long it lasts? Thanks

Comment

G'day BeanBuff...

These threads are for information only mate, not discussions. Perhaps you could open a new thread in the general discussion area...

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                  X