X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimal
    replied
    G'day BeanBuff...

These threads are for information only mate, not discussions. Perhaps you could open a new thread in the general discussion area...

Mal.

Leave a comment:

• BeanBuff
    replied
    Hi rowdee, i have just aquired this very same bread machine and I was wondering what cycle do you select to use for your roasting and do you know how long it lasts? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• glenmo
    replied
    My first roast: setup was 8" stainless steel pot from camping kit, wooden spoon to stir with, Fluke 289 DMM with thermocoupler and hand held heat gun (exhausting)!

Click image for larger version

Name:	glenmo_with_heat_gun.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	733852Click image for larger version

Name:	australian-coffee.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	733853Click image for larger version

Name:	plot.png
Views:	2
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	733854

Leave a comment:

• jbrewster
    replied
    Re: Information/Reviews of Bread-makers

Not sure how best to manage this, Mods can do whatever they want with it.

Ive some updates for the Tiffany TS-018S.

* Maximum quantity roasted: 500g (and I reckon thats about the limit, *might* do 600g but the 500g batch was a bit uneven)
    * If further runtime is desired it is easy to mod this one for continuous running (PM me for details, I think I also posted the details in my "First roast" thread on the Home Roasting board).
    * Due to the round body I used a bead type TC into a hole drilled into the bottom corner of the pan, retained on the pan by Kapton (high temperature insulation) tape rather than drilling a probe through the outer body, also makes it easier to pull the pan.

Leave a comment:

• redsonic
    replied

Meet R2D2.....

I have just made the jump from popper to Coretto for roasting and have been very happy with the results.
    * Make / model - Tiffany TS-018S
    * where/how did you acquire - Charity shop, $10
    * internal size of bowl (width, depth, height) 15x15x15
    * minimum quantity roasted - 300g
    * maximum quantity roasted - 300g (only 1 roast so far)
    * requires modding to run for sufficient time no
    * max run time without mod - 20 mins on dough cycle
    * comments re other mods required (shortened paddle etc) Paddle didnt need shortening, but the bread bowl protrudes above the base of the machine (see 2nd pic), so to retain heat, I used only the alloy lining from the lid and made a height adjustable gap to allow chaff to escape (see third pic).
    * location of temp probe and any issues re installing In a bottom corner, facing direction of bean flow, about 8mm from the bottom
    * any general comments re use (deep bowl - heats faster etc) I bought a Tiffany based on reports elsewhere on CS that it needs no modification. So far, I am very happy with the set up. My first roast took 15minutes, but I need to extend the 1C-2C interval by finessing the heatgun height. Note the polypipe mounting for the heatgun - it swivels and is height adjustable.
    * photo of Bread maker (if possible)

Leave a comment:

• sidewayss
    replied

* Make / model_ Breville Bakers Oven BB290
    * Where/how did you acquire_Good Guys. I hand over the money and then they give it to me. Not available any more, but second hands can be found in local classifieds and website classifieds.
    * Internal size of bowl (width, depth, height)_Guestimate about17 cm square. Depth 25 cm approx.
    * minimum quantity roasted._ 300 grams.
    * maximum quantity roasted_ 800 grams. I would not do that again.
    * requires modding to run for sufficient time _ No.
    * max run time without mod_ 27 minutes.
    * location of temp probe and any issues re installing_Entry from side hole into bread pan about 2 cm from bottom and 2 cm intrusion of probe into bean mass. Tip facing into the same direction of the rotating bean mass.
    * comments re other mods required (shortened paddle etc)_ Not required.
    * any general comments re use (deep bowl - heats faster etc) The console can be used to attach the heat gun to with sticky tape, thus can do without a heatgun stand.
    A 10 minute cooling safety feature in built. Meaning it cant be re-started straight away unless it can be by passed by mods.
    I use that 10 minutes to bag the beans, and weigh/ blend green beans prior to next roast.
    Recommended load is 600gm greens for optimum result based on the size of the pan.
    * Pics here.

Leave a comment:

• scumbag
    replied

My stealth roaster (I had to pinch it out of the cupboard and set it up while SWMBO was at lunch)

* Make / model - Sunbeam Bakehouse (BM5600)
    * where/how did you acquire - Stole it from the pantry while the Bwana wasnt looking
    * internal size of bowl (width, depth, height) - 13 X 13 X 16
    * minimum quantity roasted - I havent tried a small roast yet
    * maximum quantity roasted - 640g
    * requires modding to run for sufficient time yes/no - No
    * max run time without mod - This one has a butter churning cycle, 30 minutes run time with no heat.
    * comments re other mods required (shortened paddle etc) - Apart from taking the lid off, nothing yet.
    * location of temp probe and any issues re installing - Two locations based on a 600g roast size. One in the bottom third and one in the top third.
    * any general comments re use (deep bowl - heats faster etc) - I use a Bosch variable heat gun and havent had to set it above 500C to achieve 1C by 12 minutes. The stand for the heat gun is a gravity feed spraygun holder.

It took me about 20 minutes to set up for my first roast while Her Indoors was at lunch with her sister. All my stealth was for nothing though because I didnt factor in the lingering smell.

Leave a comment:

• coffeenator
    replied

Here are a couple more photos

forgot to mention I did rip the guts out the BM, I left only the motor a switch and a capacitor and thats it, you can see from the photo above that there is nothing left on the display board on top.

Leave a comment:

• coffeenator
    replied

Got myself going with corretto a couple of weeks ago and thought I would post my set up:

* Make / model Lumina XBM 1089 (Aldi special)
    * where/how did you acquire, evil bay $17
    * Heat Gun- Bunnings Ozito 2000w 2 sp Variable temp
    * internal size of bowl (width, depth, height) really big with dual paddels
    * minimum quantity roasted so far 400g
    * maximum quantity roasted so far 600
    * requires modding to run for sufficient time Kind of wanted more control of off and on of paddles
    * max run time without mod about 14 min before resting
    * comments re other mods required, yes had to shorten the paddles
    * location of temp probe and any issues re installing, not done that yet
    * any general comments re use I like the dual paddles and big pan
    * photo of Bread maker (if possible)[/b]

I love it. I used popper befor BM but BM is sooooo much better. Not sure how to add caption to photos but you get the picture Im sure.

Leave a comment:

• Mono
    replied

* Panasonic SD206
    * My parents replaced it with a Breville as the felt that the motor
      had lost its grunt
    *  13x18x16cm (WxLxD)
    * one roast of 250gms at this stage
    * Unknown, expect well in excess of 500gms to be no problem
    * Yes, requires modding, dough cycle pulses for some time, then  kneads  
      from 10-20 minutes (instruction manual)Rewired with power &
      start switches
    * Also required shortened paddle
    * Drilled body & pan, inserted metal tube so probe enters pan thru
      small hole
    * will post photo of machine later

Leave a comment:

• kabintylen
    replied

* Make / model: Temp "Cafe Essentials" Bread Maker
    * where/how did you acquire: Sams Warehouse
    * internal size of bowl (width, depth, height): 13cm x 11.5cm x 10cm
    * minimum quantity roasted: N/A
    * maximum quantity roasted N/A
    * requires modding to run for sufficient time yes/no: Yes
    * max run time without mod: 10 min
    * comments re other mods required (shortened paddle etc): NA
    * location of temp probe and any issues re installing: Hole Drilled Straight through the side.
    * any general comments re use (deep bowl - heats faster etc)
    Utter rubbish Once internal temp of bowl hits 150 degrees the motor shuts down. Hopefully other CS members wont try the cheap option like I did ($40).

Posting this up as a warning for new Corretto roasters (like myself :P) so they dont have this happen to them.

Leave a comment:

• DavidPx
    replied

Hitachi HB-201 from thrift shop
    15cm x 15cm x 25cm
    125g > 225g
    Unknown if it ever needed a modification as I did that right away
    Shortened paddle b/c of some jamming
    Temp probe put in bottom corner of bowk

Overall this seems to be good bread machine for coffee roasting.  I like the narrow bowl as it ensures the beans all stay agitated - I get very even roasts.  In addition its very roomy inside the case for mods.

http://www.tracezero.net/Beer/2008/1...ter-version-2/

Leave a comment:

• ml27
    replied

* Make / model... Breville Bakers Oven BB280
    * where/how did you acquire... Bought from Breville factory second store in Redfern for half price
    * internal size of bowl (width, depth, height)... 180*140*130mm
    * minimum quantity roasted... 250g is probably a useful minimum
    * maximum quantity roasted... 300g handled easily, probably could do up to 750g or more
    * requires modding to run for sufficient time yes/no... Not really, just wait for the initial 2min intermittent stir to finish and then itll go for another 30 mins
    * max run time without mod... 30 mins
    * comments re other mods required (shortened paddle etc).... Not needed so far
    * location of temp probe and any issues re installing.... top left of bowl, around 10mm from bottom of bowl, and no issues
    * any general comments re use (deep bowl - heats faster etc).... Have to remember to remove probe before removing bowl to avoid bent probe and there is a 3 second pause every 30 seconds during the continuous stir cycle but it doesnt appear to affect roast quality or evenness
    * photo of Bread maker (if possible)

Leave a comment:

• Dimal
    replied

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1176799309/30#30]This Thread[/link]

Please restrict posts in this thread to the Title of the thread, i.e. Detailed Information/Reviews of specific Bread-Makers,

Thanks,
    Mal.

Leave a comment:

• Dimal
    replied

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1185455324]This Thread[/link]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X