Ideas for a Roasting Trolley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for a Roasting Trolley?

Im looking for a trolley to keep everything together (HG / BM / Bucket extraction tub / Tools and oven mits etc), and make things nice and simple for weekly roasting (ie: wheel out of garage, roast a batch or two, wheel it back into garage).  Ideally, looking at something three-four feet tall, a shelf and/or drawers would be a distinct advantage as this would be somewhere I could also store greens too.

Has anyone found anything at any of the national hardware/furniture chains that could do the job?

Oh, and in keeping with the character of the rest of my roasting stuff - it has to be cheap   ;D.

Thanks!

Re: Ideas for a Roasting Trolley?

Bunnings have that sort of thing.
    We got a 3 draw thing on casters with wire baskets a few years back. We use it for vegetable storage in the pantry, but sounds like it would be worth a look.

Dont know about cheap though. I think it was over $30 from memory.

Comment

You can always nick a trolley from the local supermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by nunu link=1182071974/0#2 date=1182084208
        You can always nick a trolley from the local supermarket.

lol
        just not an aldi one they have electro locks or something on their wheels!

Comment

Hmmm,

Have seen some fairly cheap looking (dont know if theyre cheap to buy though) BBQ trolleys around at Bunnings, Home Hardware and even at SuperCheap Autos once as well....

Mal.

Comment

super cheap have some good workshop trolleys that are pretty cheap, and I hate to mention that "evil site" but in category of tools and storage there are sometimes some good things to be found.
            Or you could do what I did and just build one!

Comment

I too am looking for this type of trolley. I did see in KMart a auto mechanic tools workbench that might have been suitable but I didnt have the cash to purchase at that stage. I think is was around $50. tiered benches, cupboard , drawers etc.

I think the mechanics trolley seem to be the way to go.

Let me know if you find anything and I will do the same.

Comment

Ive looked at the ones in Supercheap and they seem rather flimsy. Any decent BM would wobble it to bits.

Decent stainless steel trolleys are quite pricey new, ie $350 and up.

http://www.allquip.com.au/home/index.cfm?fuseaction=PRODUCTS&category_id=73

or there are ones on evil bay that look quite good for about $135 +

Belinda

Comment

You might have a look around the 2nd hand stores for old computer or printer stands. Some of them can be quite heavy duty with multiple lavels.

Java "Recycle!" phile
                  Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Corretto - fair assessment! - I popped into a Supercheap Autos on the way home from work tonight and saw their version of a mechanics trolley - $99 doesnt get you very much at all (and the wheels dont lock very well which means my set-up would be likely to roll down my driveway mid-roast!  

Javaphile - thanks!  Youve given me inspiration to also scour through some local clearance houses (Auctioneers) for second hand Office and Kitchen furniture too!  Will post a piccie of what (and if) I find.

The Goodies, will definitely keep you posted (perhaps I should keep an eye out for you at Ross Salvage   )

CQ.

Comment

Just what I was thinking.
                      The auction house my son works for has lots of used catering equipment.
                      I was thinking of a catering trolley.

Comment

Kmart has Motorpro mechanic trolleys on special at $85 at the moment in a clearance sale. Saw one yesterday and it felt quite solid. I might get one actually :-)

Belinda

Comment

In Brisbane places like this have Stainless Steel benches and trolleys for auction. Ive been before and they have odd 3 group machines too.

http://www.newsteads.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=69

fierce bidding though, that goes on and on and on and on, and on.

Belinda

Comment

Originally posted by Corretto link=1182071974/0#11 date=1182177172
                            Kmart has Motorpro mechanic trolleys on special at $85 at the moment in a clearance sale.  Saw one yesterday and it felt quite solid.  I might get one actually :-)

Belinda
                            I think I saw this one Belinda, When I saw it, the first thing that I thought of was that it would make a good roasting station.

I also saw an old kids study desk at the Salvos yesterday that would also make a good station, (I would need to Mod it though with Castors, and maybay a slide out tray.)

oh oh oh I just thought of a good place.
                            I often visit the reycling centre at the dump (Tamala Park) (I call it the open air supermarket). I was a fairly regular customer late last year whilst looking for ideas to make Halloween props etc and remember seeing lots of desks and drawers and cupboards etc for dirt cheap (between $10 - $20) I might have to go after work today to see what I can find.

Comment

I went to an auction clearing house today that had a massive amount of cheap restaurant, cafe and hospitality equipment on offer - including a number of stainless steel work preparation benches.

Unfortunately, the average price these sold for was around the $550 mark  

K-Mart here i come  :-/

Comment

Working...
                              X