My Roasting Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Roasting Station

Well I have begun the travels of building my own roasting station (Moding other stuff of course)

I began with a Coretto Roaster
    Then I needed a bench or work station to keep everything together instead of assembling and disassembling everything each roast I did.  After seearching around I came across the idea of a small desk or computer station,  It had had to have shelves, drawers, and lots of potential and easy to modify.  I found a kids study desk at the Savlos for $20.

I wend to the recycling centre at my local dump and bought bed castors (6 for $3)
    I also bought some Tee Nuts for the castors ($4)

I attached a backing board to
    1. attach my digistal scale to and
    2. so I can pin up my roasting notes and
    3. Cause I thought it needed it. (thats really the only excuse I needed really)

I bought a cool Digital Scale from Big W (less than $10) that you can fix to a wall,  It can fold up for storage out of the way to provide move bench space.  It is a 2kg scale (Ideal for my purposes)

I thought of sticking the HG directly in the hole provided in the drill press (See Below) (I know it will probably heat the metal up on the drill press but I think it should still be OK.  I will obviously give it a test run before I start roasting.  If anyone has already tried this can you please comment (Good or Bad)

Stage 1 Complete

Stage 2 is to create a Bean Cooler that will go in the gap underneath the desk.  (Maybe a slide out tray with the bean coller on it.)  Not sure yet.

Stage 3 is to maybe Pimp it up a little

Stage 4 get stuck into some Roasting

Re: My Roasting Station

Ive set up a humble little all weather roasting station for my gene in the backyard....

Comment

ROFL ;D ;D ;D

Comment

You attract a good sized crowd to a roast.

Comment

Im guessing the water feature in the front is used to wet process the beans

Comment

Looks good there Mr Goodies.

Does it wobble much when the BM is in full swing?

Love the idea of turning an old desk into a mobile roasting station :-)

Belinda

Comment

Working...
            X