TOSTATUTTO COFFEE ROASTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOSTATUTTO COFFEE ROASTER

Hi. I just bid on one of these TOSTATUTTO COFFEE & CHESTNUT ROASTER on ebay. Am i buying complete crap. I cant even figure out how it works.

Ebay link removed by mods

Re: TOSTATUTTO COFFEE ROASTER - EBAY

mmmm chestnuts

Comment

Re: TOSTATUTTO COFFEE ROASTER

Originally posted by PhatBoy link=1184226908/0#0 date=1184226908
      Hi. I just bid on one of these TOSTATUTTO COFFEE & CHESTNUT ROASTER on ebay. Am i buying complete crap. I cant even figure out how it works.
      Quite possibly....contact roasting is not generally much chop....How do you plan to heat it and control  the heat....Nevertheless, thanks for providing the CS community with a heads up...You are now in competition with up to 2600 members....Prepare to have to dig deeper :

Comment

Hahaha! well if i do get hold of one it will be interesting thats for sure.
        I was hoping it somehow rotated slowly. I doubt it does...and if it doesnt my nonno will love it for his chestnuts

Comment

We used to roast chestnuts the way the pioneers roasted their coffee:

Take a frying ban which has passed its use-by date, perforate the bottom with several nail holes, and place over an open fire.

Not the most even of roasts, and nigh impossible to control.

But there is some probably misplaced nostalgic romanticism about it.

--Robusto

Comment

Tostatutto means "toasts everything" Judging by the pics in this link you might be better off spending the money on a bag of Andys Browns.

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~cgrinter/charles/pages/coffeeroast.html

Comment

Looks very Medieval, Dennis. And judging from those pictures, a very poor, uneven roast ranging from too light to charcoal.

Stick to the chestnuts.

--Robusto

Comment

That death star thing looks like it belongs to a black smith, all its missing is the bellows, hey maybe thats what it needs....... why would you bother with it? Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray C link=1184226908/0#7 date=1184409791
                  That death star thing looks like it belongs to a black smith, all its missing is the bellows, hey maybe thats what it needs....... why would you bother with it? Ray.
                  Could make a great novelty gift for the person who has everything and end up in the back of a cupboard somewhere.

Comment

or the person who likes odd looking roasters
                    *hides his frypandenstein*

Comment

got one! curiosity got the better of me! plus it cost the princely sum of $54 delivered!

plan to lend it to my customers who show an interest in home roasting (free of course)  

should guarantee a steady demand for my roasted coffee!  

seriously though - if any CS types want to take a look at the "Deathstar" it will soon be on display at Shots Coffee 161 Station Road Burpengary.

who knows, if Sparky / Sparkman (Mark) rocks up it could turn into anything!?  :-/

Tutto for now ........ Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by aerabica link=1184226908/0#10 date=1184741984
                        got one! curiosity got the better of me! plus it cost the princely sum of $54 delivered!
                        Surley you mean $54.20................

Its gotta be better than stirring the cast iron pot....but Ill let you know!!

Stay on taget! (Star Wars fans know what I mean)

Comment

Well its been a while but I can now safely add o this thread and say..............

Complete crap that is going ot the back of the cupboard.......

Good points:

1. At least it was 240V.........

Some bad points are:

1. To difficult to open when roast is finsihed.
                          2. Cannot view roast (yes I tried using a torch..)
                          3. Beans do not agitate well producing a very uneven roast.
                          4. Diffucult to balance on flame (but that may be just me and the particular the burner Im using).
                          5. Roasting chamber is made from a thin metal that seems strong, but does not heat evenly or hold heat well.

On the whole I should have followed the advice here and stayed clear. It would appear you can get older and stupider....one for the experiance I guess.

Back to my other form of contact roasting that works well for me at least, the beloved cast iron pot and whisk....

Comment

On the positive side it may work well for chestnuts. Ill post another follow up next autumn then!!!!!

Ever the optimist....

Comment

Working...
                            X