Another Coretto devotee!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Coretto devotee!!!

Just thought I would share a few pics of a roast on my "Coretto". Guatamala Huehue HSBs 1st crack 14m, stopped at start of 2nd crack 18m...........................how do they look?

link:--

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9558&l=64efe&id=520347251

Re: Another Coretto devotee!!!

very nice indeed, GM, great first effort!
    now for the rest-time... wait, wait, wait...

L

Comment

Yep,

As Lizzi says, great looking result gm 8-). If these are the Huehue beans from the most recent BeanBay, Id leave them to rest for quite a while before starting to brew with them, at least 7 days and up to 14 days they are still improving. Let us know how they taste in the cup......

Cheers,
      Mal.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement and advice, Ill give them a good rest before a try them. I did a roast recently with them and they werent the best after a few days.......................

Comment

Well Ive done it!!!  "Toto...I dont think were in Kansas anymore!"

After reading so much about this method of roasting, I bought the BM & heatgun! (Although I couldnt find a stand to hold it...so I had I had to improvise temorarily).

I did 3 roasts today & they were great!  I think the biggest bonuses I noticed over the popper were:

1)  It was a pretty warm day, & the ambient temperature didnt seem to effect the roast at all
          2)  The batches I could do were a lot bigger!

I think the roast seemed more even, but thats one area I need to work on, as Im not sure at what point to turn the heat down!  

Anyhow...theres no turning back now!  Corretta...you are a genius!

Regards
          Andrew

Comment

Welcome on board Andrew....

Yep, for those who are hesitant to try a Corretto, all I can say is -

"What are you waiting for"....

Yes, batch size is bigger (and can be as big as 1Kg in some BMs)... it is far less dependent on environmental conditions (strong winds if roasting outside can alter the time a little - thats about all)..... and it is just SO EASY!!!

Each time you can get the same results, so much control as well....

As they say - "He/she who hesitates is lost" ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Cant agree with Java B more

14 months now and more and more people are coming over to the dark side.

Ive gotta admit that watching the beans spin in the BM still fascinates and its still mesmerising

Mind you Ive been through a few heatguns. There is still one more to get when I finally upgrade to the PID HG method ............... as pioneered by Java B and another.

In fact Id love to see PID HG kits on Beanbay ...... [smiley=evil.gif]

Belinda

Comment

Great effort Secksy, welcome to the Corretto world, I went into my garage last night after roasting in the morning and the smell was still amazing and my coffee cupboard is lined up with roasts waiting to be transformed into amazing beverages.......see what youve done for the world "Corretto" youre a legend............................

Comment

Corretto!

Is there any evidence of your roasting method making its way beyond our sandy white beaches & into the known universe?  The Yanks love the "Hills Hoist", maybe the "Corretto" will be the next big thing to sweep the world...or the coffee world anyway!  8-)

Andrew

Comment

Hey Andrew. Ive seen the term referred to on a number of OS sites....coffeegeek, youtube, and homeroasters to name a few.

It even has its own reference in wikipedia, and thats pretty cool...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corretto

Comment

Dennis...thats very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Corretto link=1192190420/0#6 date=1192891007

Mind you Ive been through a few heatguns. There is still one more to get when I finally upgrade to the PID HG method ............... as pioneered by Java B and another.

In fact Id love to see PID HG kits on Beanbay ...... [smiley=evil.gif]

Belinda
                        Belinda,

The Ryobi 2 speed is a great little soldier..... its still going strong - and I started using it just after your original post....

To gauge how many roasts Ive done (too many to count!! :)..... Not long after I started I replaced the teflon "bearing" under the paddle in the BM with a brass bushing..... this bushing is now so worn that the paddle rattles about in the bowl .... and will need to be replaced again soon - but the heatgun is still fine!!!

Ive thought of making a PID kit..... the only problem is the heatgun has to be modified.... so the "kit" would have to be the PID with Solid state relay (in a box) and a modified heatgun - Ryobi looks good for that purpose - but of course the warranty on the heatgun would be void.... and it would probably need to be supplied as well as few people would be able / would want to modify the heatgun.

But even without that level of refinement..... the Corretto is excellent

Comment

Nice Wiki entry. I wonder who wrote it - Dennis?

Comment

I thought it might have been grendel.
                            I know he put the coffeesnobs one in (and then the wiki editing police descended!).

Edit:
                            Yep. History shows grendel and Thundergod as main reviewers.

Comment

Its grendels work.
                              I merely did a bit of editing; some of it to keep those wiki police at bay.

Comment

Working...
                              X