Cheap modified Corretto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap modified Corretto

After a year of roasting with a steel bowl, a whisk and an Ozito heat gun (before that a popper) I have purchased a modified Breville "Breadmaster Select"
    I sheepishly admitted my coffee obsession to a local appliance repair guy, and he seemed really interested. He said every few months he takes a heap of Breadmakers with dead circuit boards to the tip.
    For $30.00 he has stripped the electonics from this unit, added an uprated temp. safety switch below the roasting area, added extra heat insulation to protect the motor further, and direct wired it to the 240V plug.
    I clamped the Ozito onto an old tv swivel wall braket arm so it is easy to swing it out of the way after a roast.
    Still experimenting with the parameters, but the first roast of E. harrar and B. gunung took 17 minutes, and turned out brilliantly. I didnt even get the temp probe out of its box!
    I think Ill ask him for another one as a spare
    Gary

Re: Cheap modified Corretto

Well done Gary, great way to go, sounds fantastic. You may not need a spare, they seem to go forever. Mine has taken a battering and is still going strong, the BB250.

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of Corretto Gaz, sounds like a good setup!!

Comment

How about some Pics, We always love to see the creations of other CSrs

Comment

At $30 a pop he could make fair living out of supplying them to CSers.

Comment

Hopefully here is a pic.

Comment

It looks the goods Gaz!!!!!!!!!!
              Happy roasting.

Comment

Hot Damn!

Hmmmmmm I spose you dont live in Perth!

That is one gem of an appliance repair guy - Id love to have a spare rigged that way.

Comment

Working...
                X