Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breville Breadmakers oven ultimate - bowl shape

Hi All.
    I just got myself one of these ovens, a ryobi heat gun and a drill press.
    I havent had a chance to test it out yet, but i did throw some beans in them and give them a bit of a spin to see how they would move in the pan. I am worried that the rectangular shape of the bowl wouldnt move the beans properly. I notice that beans in the corner of the bowl dont move as much as those toward the centre. Is this a problem at all?
    I notice that this is a fairly popular machine for roasing coffee. can any owners of this machine shed some light on this.

Another question. The heat gun is a ryobi EHG2002LED. What would be a reccomended amount of beans to roast with this setup?

I should be able to give it a bit of a whack tomorrow arvo when I get home from work.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers always;
    BEN

Re: Breville Breadmakers oven ultimate - bowl shap

Hi villageidiot
    I wouldnt be concerned about the amount of beans moving in the corners as you will find the beans expand as they are roasted and tend to mix and move freely with no problem. I have been corretto roating for over a year now with reasonable success.

The only issue i have found that occasionally the odd bean works its way under the paddle at the spindle and doesnt roast and gets stuck. Apart from that its all been pretty good.

As for that particular heat gun i have no idea, i generally do batches of 500gm to give me a roasted weight of about 415gm give or take, i can do more but find that if i am not careful the roast runs away from me too quickly after first crack.

Mal

Comment

The airflow from the gun should help with the bean movement and if you still have a concern you should make sure you aim it so that it does.

Comment

Ive done over 30 roasts in my Breville with rectangular bucket and have had no problems and always have nice even roasts. My usual roast is 500g and my Ryobi handles it with ease. Ive done up to 700g and no problems but 500g is a good sized roast for me. Keep a fan blowing at the heat gun to disperse chaff and cool down the gun body while roasting.
        Since buying a DMM datalogger it has made controlling my roasts so much easier.
        Good luck with your roasting...........

Comment

Hi All.
          I have just done a roast. It was all too easy. About 12 mins to the start of second crack. I think I really need to lift the heat gun up a bit to try and stretch it out a bit. I think the air temperature may have a bit to do with the roast time. Its about 40 here.
          I roasted up 500grams of Ethiopian Yirg and it was nice and even.
          Its all going really well. I have to say that I am a HG convert.

Cheers Always;
          BEN

Comment

Working...
          X