looking to buy a home roaster...any suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to buy a home roaster...any suggestions

Im looking to get a home roaster, one that can do batches of around 200g-250g. Was looking at spending around $200-$300, i have seen the i-roast 2 on the net for around $175 u.s. and have considered ordering one in.

Does anyone have any suggestions for roasters, or opinions on the i-roast?

Thanks

Re: looking to buy a home roaster...any suggestion

Youll probably not be able to use any of the roasters bought directly from the US because of their power points are 115V and the roasters will most likely be suited only for that voltage.
    Have you considered the Corretto (ie. Heatgun and a breadmaker for stirring the beans)?

Comment

Hi Headinggreen--Go for the Corretto, it is inexpensive and you can roast from 100g up to 500-600g or more. I have done 30 roasts in my Breville/Ryobi roaster and the results have been excellent, nice even roasts, easy to set up and use , seriously consider this setup.....................there is heaps of info on setting one up
      good luck with it
      cheers
      Trevor

Comment

Greenman is right on the money.
        Cheap to setup, i used the family bread maker but have also bought a 2nd hand one on ebay for about $60 plus postage.
        I have done over 80+ roasts in it and its still going strong. Batches range from 200gm through to about 550gm.
        All the help you will ever need is right here in the forum and sure you may get the odd look now and again as people walk past and think "what the hell is he doing" but the results speak for themselves.

Mal

Comment

Working...
        X