I thought Id seen it all...... Clever Roasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Id seen it all...... Clever Roasters

Hows this?? phrrrrrt! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWcpUF2joTw&feature=related

Hmmm.. I just happend to have my full set of Mecanno still from my childhood too ..... no really...I do . But its in excellent condition and might fetch a pretty penny one day,..so nope... it wont become a bean roaster.

Re: I thought Id seen it all...... Meccano Roaste

Remy,
    Coffee fanatics sure are an ingenious bunch...

I also saw one that used what looked like Lego to rotate an insulated thermos mug.... amazing...

sorry, I cant find the url right now though..

whatever floats your boat beans
    Ian

Comment

Very interesting, must go to the hobby shop now.

Comment

Oh here it is.... the Lego infared roaster!! simply amazing....

http://scott.marquardt.googlepages.com/roastcoffeeinamug

Cheers CSers

Ian

Comment

Ian that is awesome... whodda thunkit?!  I dunno.. I would have stopped myself making it from lego at the initial massive heat + plastic = melted mess and loss of beans thinking stage.    Why are those wheels not suffering from the heat?

Maybe thats my problem..Im thinking too hard.  :

Comment

Remy--
            ease off on the thinking and remember back to the start of his project--a broken INSULATED mug!
            Now just relax and have a coffee, I am.
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by martybean link=1209044171/0#2 date=1209082463
              Very interesting, must go to the hobby shop now.
              Yeah,... Im thinking hobby train set,.. barrel attached to rotating wheel of train.. heat source from erm....friction generated by barrel poorly fitted and rubbing on side of train as well as engine steam from souped-up engine(making train fly round the track three times faster than normal),..steam shooting across the opening of the barrel where natural air from speed of train flows through the stream of steam, heating up and onto the beans.  After second crack is heard,.. sound the whistle like whooohooo! and with the flick of a the switch, train is forced onto a section of poorly designed tracks, driver loses control and the train comes to a screaming halt,.falls off the track as it rises up a slope to a sharp bend and dumps beans into a waiting coal truck beside the track. Coal truck gains momentum from weight of beans and rolls down a track and onto my granite kitchen benchtop where it hits a row of nails and pencil laying across the track, causing the coal truck to spin out of control and spray its load all over the bench where a waiting desk fan and the coldness of the granite sucks the heat from the beans within 20secs.  

Yeah... I think that will work.

Comment

nice one Uncle Fester!

Comment

Originally posted by GregWormald link=1209044171/0#5 date=1209089954
                  Remy--
                  ease off on the thinking and remember back to the start of his project--a broken INSULATED mug!
                  Now just relax and have a coffee, I am.
                  Greg
                  ZOMG...of course!!! completely forgot that. :-[ Ok..off to have a coffee now.

Comment

Originally posted by Javanation link=1209044171/0#7 date=1209092334
                    nice one Uncle Fester!
                    Why thankyou ;D

Comment

a solar roaster!!!

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/solar_roast_coffee.jpg

here is the spiel...

"Saul sent this along from David Hartkop, a Solar coffee roaster inventor - "My brother Mike is a classically trained coffee roaster, and I invented a solar-powered coffee roaster for him. Weve been selling coffee online for a year at solarroast.com and Im designing a bigger machine to build in the garage in Oregon for this summer. It concentrates 4.5 KW of solar thermal energy on a fully sunny day, and is manually trackable 360 degrees azimuth and 90 degrees zenith. The motors of the roaster are powered by photovoltaics, and he can crank out around 7 lb of coffee an hour. (in 2 lb batches)."

Comment

OMG,.. thats kinda cool in a very large way. I can imagine putting one of these together on my roof and dumbing down the facts to my hubby about the final size. whaahahaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Javanation link=1209044171/0#10 date=1209110459
                          a solar roaster!!!

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/solar_roast_coffee.jpg

here is the spiel...

"Saul sent this along from David Hartkop, a Solar coffee roaster inventor - "My brother Mike is a classically trained coffee roaster, and I invented a solar-powered coffee roaster for him. Weve been selling coffee online for a year at solarroast.com and Im designing a bigger machine to build in the garage in Oregon for this summer. It concentrates 4.5 KW of solar thermal energy on a fully sunny day, and is manually trackable 360 degrees azimuth and 90 degrees zenith. The motors of the roaster are powered by photovoltaics, and he can crank out around 7 lb of coffee an hour. (in 2 lb batches)."
                          And i thought i had a problem.............. Cool as !!!!!

Comment

the solar roaster has gone thru 4 generations of machines. have a look at the HI, H2, H3 and the massive H4. Talk about a huge project..

http://www.solarroast.com/about.html

Carbon Neutral too

Comment

here is another from the " I thought I had seen it all" files... not a roaster this time but what appears to look like sputnik is infact an espresso machine!!

Saeco “Etienne Louis” coffee maker
                              This unusual coffee maker has an elegant and classic name, in contrast with its futuristic and absolutely unconventional design. It looks like Sputnik, but it’s an espresso maker.The upper half of the sphere is removable and inside, the water tank can also be removed.

Comment

Working...
                              X