Want to setup a Corretto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to setup a Corretto

I want ot setup a Corretto roater for fun~~My question is how can u guy maintain the temperature inside the chamber? What i mean is, it is very hard to keep the temperature constant within the chamber?

Please help~~~all the corretto user~~~

TOny

Re: Want to setup a Corretto

No.

And you dont want to keep it constant you want a steady increase.

Comment

Ok~~that make sence~~~
      Another question, is temperature control very hard? Also how can i insert the temperature probe into the basket?

Comment

Tony,

You can vary the heat with either a variable output heatgun (more expensive) or vary the distance from the beans.... further away - lower temperature.

To insert the probe, drill a hole through the case of the breadmaker and through the bowl so that the probe can go about 1cm into the bowl.... and not get hit by the paddle (so in a corner is best).... the ideal height is a cm or so below the surface of the beans...

(and make sure when drilling the hole you dont drill through and cables etc between the case and the bowl "container")

Comment

Gday Tony & welcome to corretto roasting.

Have a search through the many corretto construction posts. Many of us have posted photos & info that should answer all your questions.

Enjoy!

Comment

I watched this two video from youtube:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrKt-fxGi4A
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYpnj6HOO8I&feature=related

The guy get the temperature in the chamber at 3xx degree. So is that too hot or what? cos ive read some of the post here said the temperature shouldnt go past 250degree. Is that true?

Also, the guy increase the temperature very quick at the beginning, is that gd? Cos im confuse about ramping. What is ramping anyway? What does ramping do to the flavour of the bean? From my understanding, ramping is slowly increase the temperature so that the bean have enough time reduce its moisture. Correct me if Im wrong.

many thanks,

Tony

Comment

Also, can anyone show me a graph of roasting? I want a temperature vs time graph. Is that possible?

Many thanks~~

Tony

Comment

Saw a Breville bread maker in Cash Convertor~~~Cant remember the model number (BBx50) sth like that~~~It is quite small. Want to know it that gd?

Comment

Not perfect, and temperatures are in Farenheit instead of Celsius, but here are videos I recorded:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1209058273

CHAD

Comment

Working...
                  X