Stainless steel mesh Rotisserie drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless steel mesh Rotisserie drum

Innovations at http://www.innovations.com.au/Produc...roductID=61229 have a rotisserie oven with a stainless steel mesh drum.

It might be just what some CSers have been trying to make. Anybody having a look at the link and has some idea if it would work or not please post back.

Re: Stainless steel mesh Rotisserie drum

Originally posted by cremakid link=1210919749/0#0 date=1210919749
    Innovations at http://www.innovations.com.au/Produc...roductID=61229 have a rotisserie oven with a stainless steel mesh drum.

It might be just what some CSers have been trying to make. Anybody having a look at the link and has some idea if it would work or not please post back.
    Good in theory

In my experience, chaff is a nuisance and you get smoky beans. They rotate too slowly.

I reckon a corretto will give a waaaaaay superior result.

2mcm

Comment

Hard to know if the unit could be used as a roaster. I would guess not.
      The drum would need vanes of some sort added to make the bean agitation better as they would likely cluster together a bit too much otherwise.
      Also, the speed of the rotisserie is likely to be a little slow for coffee (but perhaps not).

Short answer, $180 is a lot to shell out on a maybe.

As Chris said, a Corretto would be a better option. And a lot cheaper.

Comment

The holes on the side of the drum are too big and will let beans fall out.

Ive used one of these things before. I made my own drum with vanes and hatch to let beans in and out. The project in total cost me like $80 for all the parts, excluding the PID. I ended up throwing the whole thing out at Veneziano because I ripped off the PID controller which controlled the whole thing and put it on one the roasters next door.

Comment

There is heaps of info in the roasting section on rotie ovens, they work very well if built correctly, I would have reservations about the one you have mentioned here, it would need a new drum at the least. A number of coffee snobs have built some magnificent flying i mean roasting machines. Do yourself a favour and have a good long look, these guys have taken the time to post their results so that the rest of us can benefit from their experience.

I myself have been running a rotie oven for a long time now and am very very happy with it.

Ray.

Comment

And a photo of the newer style drum (milo can).

Ray

Comment

heres my roaster that I threw out. Ill probably make another one when I get the time after all the barista comps are done

Comment

Working...
              X