Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill stand in Aldi catalogue

Gday all

Im not in the market to make a corretto just yet, but I saw last night that Aldi have a drill stand for sale for the princley sum of $14.99.
    I have attached a couple of pics. It might be of some use for a heat gun set up. If the height could be modded a little more it could be a cheap little holder.
    They also have an angle grinder stand for $30, but I do not think it would suit a HG as much.
    Hope it helps someone.

Re: Drill stand in Aldi catalogue

number 2 - one day Ill work out how to post multiple photos :-[

Comment

I was just about to mention this, you beat me to it :P
      Heres the link http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_5086.htm
      Looks like it would work great!

Comment

The website says the sale starts on 22 May... is that correct? Has anyone ever bought one of these and are using it for their Corretto setup as we speak?

Comment

Looks good! I could do with something like that

Comment

how is that only $14.99? I might go and pick one up for when I actually start roasting... :-[

Comment

I am also tempted by this stand its what I have been looking for especially the heavy base
              It just makes it very stable

Thanks Shannon & itsme5k
              KK

Comment

Wow..thats such a good buy.. I almost wish I needed one so I could pick up bargain and save some money ;D

Comment

Bought my drill stand from Aldi today. There was a pretty big pile of them at Marrickville. Ive rigged it up and its a perfect fit for my Ozito HG attached by a couple of velcro strips. Will do first roast with the new setup tomorrow afternoon!

Comment

I use this drill press for my Corretto setup, works a treat. although I want to be able to mod the height adjustment to make it a little easier than using an allen key.

Here is a pic of my setup with Drill press

Comment

Nice setup Goodies.

Im planning to mount a powerboard on my new trolley but it wont be as easy as yours was.

Comment

I droped into ALDI today to pick up one of these puppies, and they had sold out.... must have got hoarded by CSs... oh well, I might have to try another.

Comment

Originally posted by YeeZa link=1211170007/0#11 date=1211686574
                          I droped into ALDI today to pick up one of these puppies, and they had sold out.... must have got hoarded by CSs... oh well, I might have to try another.
                          Not surprised as its VERY good value. I made sure I picked one up on the day it came out and gave it a test yesterday afternoon. At $15, Id recommend it to anyone, especially with the features it has... I love the way it can still swivel around whilst mounted. When heating, I swivel it so the heatgun is blowing into the bread pan.... after roasting I swivel it out of the way to allow easy access to remove the bread pan quickly.

Comment

Yeeza, yeah check out other stores... theres still a few around. I saw a few of the drill-stands in Aldi stores in Hurstville, Milperra, Villawood today. Was travelling out west and thought Id check out some stores to see if I could land an Aldi heatgun. No luck though.

Originally posted by YeeZa link=1211170007/0#11 date=1211686574

Comment

Ok dont worry guys, I managed to find one at another ALDI, even then there was only 2 left.

Another step closer to the roast factor.

Comment

Working...
                              X