Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Corretto setup

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to put up some pics of my corretto setup.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26531787@N08/sets/72157605191192507/with/2512538003/

Only done a couple of roasts with it so far, but both have turned out well. I use an el cheapo pedestal fan to blow away the chaff/smoke which isnt shown in this picture.

I was trying to think of a better way to cool the beans after roasting that wasnt as stressful as a kitchen sieve in front of the pedestal fan, and then remembered that I had another high velocity fan in the garage.

I got some aluminium flyscreen material from bunnings and put together a frame and legs for it, so that it fits over the fan. Havent tried it yet, hopefully the fan wont blow all the beans away, might have to use it on slow.

Happy to get any comments/suggestions, etc.

Mark

Re: Another Corretto setup

Hi Mark,
    Another great Corretto setup I see.
    What brand of BM is it and does it have a continuous spinning setting or did you have to modify it ?
    I love the cooling tray too.
    Cheers,
    Ken.

Comment

Hi Mark... nice setup and nice pics! And good on ya for putting up the review of the BB280 - I am in the process of going to the Breville seconds shop to pick one up...

Couple of comments/questions:
      • Is your setup on the floor? Or was it there just for the photos?
      • I like your cooling table - did think of using flyscreen myself. However, how are you going to transfer from table to container/bag? A bit hard to tip up the table to pour into a bag... perhaps you could rig up another flyscreen frame that sits inside the table which you can just lift out and pour?

Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by ramking link=1211450809/0#1 date=1211451812
        What brand of BM is it and does it have a continuous spinning setting or did you have to modify it ?
        Whoops I just read b&fs post and had another look at the pics.
        I have a Breville BM280 that looks nothing like yours.
        I think mine must be much older and like yours on pizza or dough stops and starts for 3 mins
        then away we go for who knows how long.
        Well long enough for any roasting Ive done so far.

cheers,
        Ken.

Comment

I suggest either a screen "lid" for the cooler or simply turn the fan over for it to suck the air through.
          If it were mine, Id go for the lid option as I currently suck the air through my beans and they clump together because of the suction.

Nice simple, clean setup youve got there.

Comment

Awesome set up !

Comment

A slight typo maybe?
              I have a Breville BM280
              I Had a Google around and it comes up as Breville BB280 Electronic Bakers Oven.

Comment

Originally posted by cremakid link=1211450809/0#6 date=1211807408
                A slight typo maybe?
                I have a Breville BM280
                I Had a Google around and it comes up as Breville BB280 Electronic Bakers Oven.
                Yep... :-[
                If I had a dollar for every time I did that I could afford a 1kg Toper roaster.

Cheers,
                Kne....whoops Ken.

Comment

Couple of comments/questions:

Is your setup on the floor? Or was it there just for the photos?

I like your cooling table - did think of using flyscreen myself. However, how are you going to transfer from table to container/bag? A bit hard to tip up the table to pour into a bag... perhaps you could rig up another flyscreen frame that sits inside the table which you can just lift out and pour?
                  I usually perch the BM on a couple of stools at the moment until I find/make a more permanent home. Got plenty of wood leftovers in the garage to make something out of

The cooling setup should work OK on the floor, as long as the beans dont blow away - Ill find out soon enough. A funnel should work OK to pour into another container, I think. The tables very light, made of structural pine leftovers so it shouldnt exacerbate my back trouble..

Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X