Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BM Paddle Jamming

Hi All,

I just received a Panasonic SD-200 BM that I intend to use as a backup to my existing Palsonic PAB-3600 Correto setup.

Unfortunately when I tested it out with some green beans, the beans jam in the paddle and stop it from turning.

Has anyone had this experience with this model BM?

I have done over a dozen or so roasts in the Palsonic and it has never jammed.

Re: BM Paddle Jamming

Where exactly do they jam?

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1219316769/0#1 date=1219318378
      Where exactly do they jam?

Underneath the paddle. Between the bottom of the paddle and the BM pan.

Comment

Thats annoying.
        Mine used to jam at the end of the paddle.
        That was fixed by shortening it a bit.
        But underneath...that could be a problem to rectify.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1219316769/0#3 date=1219323397
          Thats annoying.
          Mine used to jam at the end of the paddle.
          That was fixed by shortening it a bit.
          But underneath...that could be a problem to rectify.
          I was wondering whether paddles from different BMs are interchangeable. The paddle on the Palsonic (which is shovel-nosed) is a different shape to the Panasonic which is dead flat. I might try and score a paddle of a dead BM and try it on the Panasonic. I tried to remove the paddle off the Palsonic to see if would work but couldnt get it off, its really stuck on tight to the shaft.
          I know a couple of other CS members are using the same Panasonic and wondering whether they have experienced a similar problem and what they may have done to overcome it.
          I might do a search and see if I can identify them and send them a PM.

Comment

On my Breville the occasional bean goes under the paddle and makes a clunking sound but doesnt affect to agitation in any way.

Comment

I have the Panasonic SD 200 and have done 10 roasts so far without the beans jamming. I did shave around 3-5ml off the paddle prior to the first one. The paddle is loose on the shaft and usually comes off when I tip the beans into the cooling sieve.

Try TGs suggestion and shave a few ml off the paddle. Start at 3 and see how you go.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanzBeanz link=1219316769/0#6 date=1219380531
                I have the Panasonic SD 200 and have done 10 roasts so far without the beans jamming. I did shave around 3-5ml off the paddle prior to the first one. The paddle is loose on the shaft and usually comes off when I tip the beans into the cooling sieve.

Try TGs suggestion and shave a few ml off the paddle. Start at 3 and see how you go.
                Thanks MeanzBeanz & TG.

Youre probably right. The paddle is so sloppy on the shaft that I was thinking that they were getting caught underneath it.

As suggested, Ill grind a few ml of the length of the paddle.

Comment

Working...
                X