Anyone seen these roasters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen these roasters?

Wondered if any of the learned folk here have seen either of these roasters before?

Re: Anyone seen these roasters?

interesting - where did u see them?

Ben

Comment

On a Chinese trade portal websites that I use for sourcing various components.

Comment

look interesting - would need to have a hands on test to make any call on whether they are any good or not.

Comment

The one in the bottom pic is fully automatic, roasts up to 650g and costs USD139 (AUD163). Im thinking of buying it, but depends on the freight costs for one sample. Could probably get it put on a friends container for nothing. Worst case scenario.....Ill have a pretty cool looking paper weight.

The one in the top pic (the drum) is semi automatic but doesnt quote a roasting batch size or price. Its dimensions are a bit smaller and being semi automatic, Id say it would cost no more than USD120.

Comment

The bottom unit looks interesting enough to want to play around with.

Mal

Comment

That is an insanely low price for a roaster of that capacity... is it 110 or 230v?

Is there a optimum volume vs freight amount? Im sure thered be enough interest here for a buy in...

Comment

Mmmm.... looks interesting however freight might be a killer.

Ive bought several items (electronic) from China....  like SDHD card reader/writers...

They cost me a couple of cents each..... but postage was about $15 per item...... still good value (just)..... but it appears they make their money on the postage..... 10 items would have cost me about 20 cents..... and $150 postage!!!!!

Comment

In order to do a buy in, you need a minimum order quantity of 50. However, in most cases, you can buy one as a sample.

Based on some other items I recently imported, the postage would be about AUD95.00 + another $28.00 for a telegraphic transfer (or $35 for Western Union). So, all up, to get one sample in it would cost $163.00 (roaster) + $95 (minimum estimate for postage) + $28 (transfer fees) for a grand total of $286....more if the freight price is higher.

Comment

Originally posted by SamR link=1220317899/0#8 date=1220336460
                    In order to do a buy in, you need a minimum order quantity of 50. However, in most cases, you can buy one as a sample.

Based on some other items I recently imported, the postage would be about AUD95.00 + another $28.00 for a telegraphic transfer (or $35 for Western Union). So, all up, to get one sample in it would cost $163.00 (roaster) + $95 (minimum estimate for postage) + $28 (transfer fees) for a grand total of $286....more if the freight price is higher.
                    Dont want to burst your bubble but some points to consider if youre thinking of purchasing multiple units...you can add 10%GST and 7.5% (?) Customs Duty to start with. Then theres delivery from the docks, which isnt too expensive. You might also look at getting it passed by whoever looks after AU standards requirements, otherwise, I think the penalty for electrocuting someone is a jail term. Oh, and dont forget to allow for the cost of DOAs, warranty repairs and stocking spare parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1220317899/0#9 date=1220337342
                       You might also look at getting it passed by whoever looks after AU standards requirements, otherwise, I think the penalty for electrocuting someone is a jail term.  
                      Yep..... unless the poor unfortunate victim is yourself.....

Then the authorities tend to overlook prosecution of the offender! ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Theyre both 240v so I doubt that will be a problem. If you import in bulk and use a shipping container then, yes, youll need to pay customs clearance fees, GST etc..., but the freight costs will be much less - somewhere in the order of $10 a unit. So, overall it will be much cheaper.

Whenever Ive imported a sample of any item, electrical or otherwise, and had it sent by air it has always arrived at my door within a few days. No customs, no GST and no hassles.

Comment

It will be cheaper to frieght a quantity but if you need to have it checked for electrical complience for a quantity lot to sell allow $2-10k as a one off cost depending on what certification the supplier can give you.

Go on Sam buy one and be the tester you know you want too

Comment

Yeah, I think I might get one sample just for my own use. Might see if I can find it cheaper though.

Comment

A google for coffee roasters china turned up a few unique roasters and ideas.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/Coffee_Roaster.html

Comment

Working...
                              X