Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at what you have done to me!!

But seriously...

Many thanks to all you Snobs, the information here is a treat.

The popcorn popper was used for a whole 2 weeks before being superseded...so much more control with this set up.

As an added bonus, the Bread Machine was sourced from Vinnies for 30 bucks making it another worthwhile cause.

Thanks guys and girls, we are having a ball!! 8-)

Chris

Re: Look at what you have done to me!!

Nice set-up, Chris. A Has Garanti on a budget! Enjoy the results (and welcome to the dark side).

Comment

Welcome to the Corretto Club Chris, enjoy your roasting journey and all of the wonderful beans you will get to roast and savour.
      cheers gm

Comment

Nothing better than fresh roasted coffee
        Even greater satisfaction when you do it yourself

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 352037373C3F333C520 link=1236988318/2#2 date=1237001572
          Welcome to the Corretto Club Chris, enjoy your roasting journey and all of the wonderful beans you will get to roast and savour.
          cheers gm

The Corretto Club - I like that

Ms Corretto is a genius

Comment

You know youre hooked for life once you build a Coretto? ;D

Comment

I was able to check out cksyds rig on Saturday. He has made a few mods such as a better cooler (bucket + exhaust fan + barrel sieve) and the whole rig now sits on a computer desk with castors so he can roll it out of the garage.

Chris has the roasting process nailed and was able to pick up some good tips. I got the impression he is now supplying half of Kellyville ;D

One thing I couldnt quite work out is why Chriss mate nicknamed his corretto The Eunuch? Any guesses?

Comment

Ahh was a great day.

A beanbay pickup that was quick to turn into a mini get together. flynn_aus with his rig, me roasting for friends, coffee, food, loads of fun 8-)

After having done 100+ roasts on this thing it never crossed my mind...

Then some bloke, lets call him ml27 ;D, comments on the readout...

A few things get said and then silent snob Bret chimes in with the clanger...

I think the name is going to stick ;D

OT - our beanbay pickups are very quickly going to turn into monthly roasting/eating/coffee events - happy days [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

So.......no guesses? :-?

Also I think we need a name for flynns set up. Doesnt seem fair otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by 797169637E1A0 link=1236988318/7#7 date=1248862686
                  Also I think we need a name for flynns set up. Doesnt seem fair otherwiseWink
                  Well I was leaning towards naming it Mr. Bean which also honours its main creator.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I wonder if any other CSers have named theirs. I think Greenman has a name  for his - the Green Machine is it - something like that?

Im all for regular (monthly) roast-offs  and I like the sound of what the Brisbane guys are organising: Roast-off and bean swap

Comment

The Eunuch is very clever.

I read the LCD before Flynns text and was going to post something like "shes a beauty" but eunuch is far better.

Comment

Originally posted by 0E212B364F0 link=1236988318/9#9 date=1248914288
                      The Eunuch is very clever.

I read the LCD before Flynns text and was going to post something like "shes a beauty" but eunuch is far better.  

Yep, when ml27 first pointed it out my comment was that its a she  ;D

I think the eunuch wins though

Comment

Thanks guys, Ill never be able to make a loaf of bread again without having a giggle, except of course when I change to "yes nuts"  [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Comment

After owning my espresso machine only a month or so, I would absolutely love to build a corretto and enter the world of home roasting. Unfortunately my inner city appartment does not lend itself well to a setup such as this. Im not really keen on a popper either after reading the differences between the corretto vs poppoer I would much prefer the controls/roasting volumes etc.

Well done on the setup, im jealous.

Comment

Unfortunately my inner city appartment does not lend itself well to a setup such as this.
                            This is your answer
                            http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1228631426

Go the Spaghetti Pot method on post # 93 if you are not a not comfortable with metal work

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 557178787B7B4155716D73711E0 link=1236988318/13#13 date=1250126020
                              Unfortunately my inner city appartment does not lend itself well to a setup such as this.
                              This is your answer
                              http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1228631426

Go the Spaghetti Pot method on post # 93 if you are not a not comfortable with metal work

KK
                              Thanks KK - well done, I went through your design and PowerPoint slides, the detail and knowledge demonstrated is brilliant.

Im interested in the kit roaster - as much as Id love to spend time making one from scratch, my time is a little scarce at the moment and my limited skills would blow out the timeframes quoted.

Seems like it produces some good roasts and would be a great entry point for me to get familiar with home roasting. Ill drop you an email over the weekend for more details.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                              X