Aldi has convection oven coming up on 21/5 for $59

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldi has convection oven coming up on 21/5 for $59

Aldi will have convection ovens on special for $59 coming up on Thursday 21/5

These could be useful to CSrs

http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_8343.htm?WT.mc_id=2009-05-15-05-27

Re: Aldi has convection oven coming up on 21/5 for $59

Originally posted by 6D686F657260787360010 link=1242366175/0#0 date=1242366175
    Aldi will have convection ovens on special for $59 coming up on Thursday 21/5

These could be useful to CSrs

http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_8343.htm?WT.mc_id=2009-05-15-05-27

KK and a few others may need to check out this and see if it has the right heating range... Dammed cheep..

Comment

excellent , i knew this would happen sooner or later - was really hoping sooner

Comment

Yeah, I saw that too and was wondering about the power rating. They dont give any details on either their printed literature or the website.
        Anyone got any ideas? I was thinking of grabbing one if they are 1200 watts or more.
        Cheers,
        Alan

Comment

I wouldnt recommend. You can see what happeend to mine here: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1211421295

Comment

Thanks damian1, I have just read the other thread and I saw what happened to your Aldi TO and also noted the temp problems with it. I think Ill give it a miss and opt for a Tiffany which is what both you and KK are using without any problems it seems.
            Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,
            Alan

Comment

yeah I havent had any problems with mine. But I think for all turbo ovens, dont expect the thermostat to be accurate at all. if the oven cycles on and off, the temp will vary a fair bit (ie around 20 degrees from memory). But I think a good way to get around this is to vary the amount of ventilation and keep the oven element on for the whole roast. Good luck!

Comment

Checked out the Aldi one today... Maybe ok for cooking - FOOD :-)

It has a traditional heating element.. As to if and how quickly it can get to 200 plus ????

The Cookwell has more of a Helogion type element... I would assume the Tiffany is the same..

Also the Cookwell and Tiffany are rated to 1400W - I searched but could find NOTHING on the Aldi unit..

So after walking back and fro - I went and paid for One Turbo Oven and a 24cm Paster set..

A new roaster is not far away :

Comment

So what brand TO did you buy
                  Aldi, Cookwell or Tiffany
                  My Tiffany has a normal heating 1400 W element with fan above

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 5D7970707373495D79657B79160 link=1242366175/8#8 date=1242906368
                    So what brand TO did you buy
                    Aldi, Cookwell or Tiffany
                    My Tiffany has a normal heating 1400 W element with fan above

KK
                    Cookwell Oven and Pots...

Now have:
                    1: Oven
                    2: Pots
                    3: Electric motor
                    4: Power supply
                    5: Base
                    6: Some bits (chopstick included) for the drive shaft..
                    7: Mixing paddle to obtain / build... What I want is a small prop Either 2 or 3 blades

Comment

Originally posted by 113E3735221D313E3137353D353E24500 link=1242366175/9#9 date=1242907688
                      What I want is a small prop    Either 2 or 3 blades
                      That would be good to see ;D beans will be flying around like lotto balls!

My thought for the blade is to use those cheap tongs you get (2 for $2?) as they would be easy to mould into shape... maybe can even make a propeller out of them

Comment

I read somewhere that the Aldis dont pack a lot of grunt, however the concept looks good. The obvious agitator is from above - simply put a stirrer on the fan blade. As this seems too obvious and nobody seems to do it, does this mean the fan motor is just not strong enough ?

Comment

Originally posted by 48464E1F191C1C2C0 link=1242366175/11#11 date=1244039164
                          The obvious agitator is from above - simply put a stirrer on the fan blade.As this seems too obvious and nobody seems to do it, does this mean the fan motor is just not strong enough ?
                          It wont work
                          1) The fan motor is not a torque or geared motor
                          2) If it was the speed is approx 2000rpm when you require 42 to 55 rpm
                          3) The fan itself is needed to force and circulate the heat
                          It cant do 2 things at the same time
                          It will burn out

KK

Comment

Working...
                          X