Greens Loader for commercial Roasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greens Loader for commercial Roasters

Hi Guys, I have come up with a design for a green bean loader to suit commercial roasters. When we looked around the cheapest I could find one was over $4k for a custom built design and up to $12k for the Diedrich loader.

We have built one for a princely sum of $400 that suits our 12Kg roaster, but would work for any size roaster. It takes about 20 secs to load 12Kg of beans and fits directly into your current roaster hopper. (albeit a tad on the ugly side)

Email me if you would like details.

Jason

Re: Greens Loader for commercial Roasters

Jason,

I thought you were gone?

Please do come and see me if you ever get down here for a visit.

Regardz,
    Attilio

Comment

Id love to see it just for perv value. Industrial design - especially backyard design (no offence) - is always interesting to see.

But if theres issues about publicly showing the way its made ill understand.

Don;t want to bug you by email just to satiate my curiosity.

Comment

Ill post some pics when I get around to taking them.

The basic idea is that it is a dust extractor commercial vacuum mounted to the load hopper via soft foam so that it can be removed easily. The trickiest part was getting the volumes right, but it was a bit of trial and error. Pics to come soon, and yes, very bush mechanics esk...

Comment

Originally posted by 61585E5F5454436E635E5042455443310 link=1242710269/3#3 date=1242866947
          Ill post some pics when I get around to taking them.
          Pics to come soon, and yes, very bush mechanics esk...
          Hey PR there are people holding their breath out here.

Love the bush mechanics solutions.

Comment

Well I took my camera to the roastery yesterday only to realise I didnt have my everyday lens with me so the photos are less than ideal but you get the idea. The vacuum cleaner is a 1300W dust extractor with 31 L body. They were on special at Aldi for $99 this week.

Comment

We cut the bottom out of the bottom out of the vacuum and welded a plate to the edge of the body. The plate extends to the diameter of the load hopper and some mouldable foam is glued to the plate where it sits on the hopper.

Comment

and from below, excuse the depth of field in these

Comment

Jason, thats heaps cool mate 8-). Im surprised it has enough guts to draw them.
                  Pretty sure youve just justified a big purchase of another toy that costs about $11,600 for the savings on the Diedrich loader you just made

Comment

Dan, it has plenty guts, takes about 15seconds to load 12Kg at a height of 2m. Because the vacuum chamber is doubled it actually has twice the suction power it originally had. Im actually leaving Pioneer Roastery so the saving has gone towards by buy-out. New job has a Synesso on the way already so its all taken care of.

Comment

Clever.
                      Reminiscent of the de-stoner built by some CSers.

Comment

Hi TG,

Do you have a link for the destoner?

Lindsay
                        Originally posted by 0A362B303A3B2C39313A5E0 link=1242710269/10#10 date=1243649463
                        Clever.

Comment

Originally posted by 707572786F7D656E7D1C0 link=1242710269/11#11 date=1243652676
                          I have it

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1214198025/

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 71555C5C5F5F6571554957553A0 link=1242710269/12#12 date=1243654975

Originally posted by 707572786F7D656E7D1C0 link=1242710269/11#11 date=1243652676
                            I have it

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1214198025/

KK
                            Originally posted by 6E524F545E5F485D555E3A0 link=1242710269/10#10 date=1243649463
                            Clever.
                            Thanks KK and TG,

So obvious now that I,ve checked out the thread.
                            Might also be useful to separate the husk from budgies seed.

Could be incorporated into a dual purpose device within a vacuum cleaner bean cooler setup, Id say.

How many stones are we likely to meet as we grind our way through life?

I havent met one yet in only 5Kg der.
                            Would a more experienced home roaster care to make a wild estimate for me?

What consequences would a grinder suffer if a stone "snuck" through, say a piece of quartz?.........shudder.

Kind Regards
                            Lindsay

Comment

Originally posted by 6A6F686275677F7467060 link=1242710269/13#13 date=1243947843
                              What consequences would a grinder suffer if a stone "snuck" through, say a piece of quartz?.........shudder.

Kind Regards
                              Lindsay
                              Andy told me once that grinder blades are tougher than you think but I like you prefer to err on the side of caution

I have heard that nails and sticks are common but havent found any myself
                              KK

Comment

Working...
                              X