Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to upgrade to corretto.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Time to upgrade to corretto.

    Popper blew up - never liked it anyway. Time to upgrade.

    Ill post details + photos here as as the project progresses. This is mostly for some added motivation to finish the project, but I would love to hear any ideas!

    Slight modification to bosch hg for external controls:


    External input cable:


    Power supply and thermocouple:


    Solid state relays with finger guards made from cd cases (why doesnt jaycar sell them)  :


    Microcontroller board (was originally for another project, but it will do for now), LCD, Powerpoint, fuse.


    Made a new friend in the garage:

  • #2
    Re: Time to upgrade to corretto.

    Is this going to be a PID controlled coretto? Looks fantastic - definitely keep us updated with pics!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Time to upgrade to corretto.

      it is! except it could be limited by the fact that the bosch hg will be regulating its own temperature, my controller will be pushing its buttons electronically.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Time to upgrade to corretto.

        This mornings progress:

        Switched powerpoint for HG & fuse mounted on rear:


        Copper tube threaded into alu block with groove for cable in the side. Places & protects thermocouple when bin is inserted:

        ^^ Does anyone know of any problems with copper in the bean mass, or  will copper->aluminium be a problem over time?

        Thermocouple tube placement & shortened paddle - bin can be pulled straight out.


        SSRs on heatsink:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Time to upgrade to corretto.

          Originally posted by 7C7E737370637D7468110 link=1246761414/3#3 date=1246773095
          This mornings progress:

          Switched powerpoint for HG & fuse mounted on rear:


          Copper tube threaded into alu block with groove for cable in the side. Places & protects thermocouple when bin is inserted:

          ^^ Does anyone know of any problems with copper in the bean mass, or  will copper->aluminium be a problem over time?

          Thermocouple tube placement & shortened paddle - bin can be pulled straight out.


          SSRs on heatsink:
          Where is the earth wire ??

          As to the copper tube having an impact on the beans... Na

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Time to upgrade to corretto.

            Looking like a great project mate!, is the heat gun variable temp controlled? im guessing it is, just wondering how much benefit a pid would be in a corretto setup.......hopefully lots!
            good luck with the roaster and keep the pics coming!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Time to upgrade to corretto.

              Originally posted by 46696062754A66696660626A626973070 link=1246761414/4#4 date=1246776011

              Where is the earth wire ??

              As to the copper tube having an impact on the beans... Na
              Good to know. and no earth there, the heatsink will be screwed to the metal chassis which is earthed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Time to upgrade to corretto.

                Originally posted by 1F1B3D2424213E2926480 link=1246761414/5#5 date=1246778189
                Looking like a great project mate!, is the heat gun variable temp controlled? im guessing it is, just wondering how much benefit a pid would be in a corretto setup.......hopefully lots!
                good luck with the roaster and keep the pics coming!

                Probably not a lot, but i am hoping that it will allow for consistently repeatable roasts, without having to lift/adjust the HG manually etc.

                The HG is the bosch 630dce which has the temp screen and up/down buttons on the back.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Time to upgrade to corretto.

                  Everything mounted & wired today. Smoke test tomorrow :-/ , then onto the controller.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X