Steinel Heatguns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steinel Heatguns?

I am just curious to see if anyone else uses a Steinel heatgun. They are about $300 new, but can be scooped up used on Ebay pretty cheap. I got mine for about $60. It has a built in digital Rheostat and also has a cooling cycle built in, which saves a lot of engineering time and expense. They also have all ceramic heating components and are rumored to be FDA approved for food service use. Just wanted to see if anyone else is using one for their breadmaker setup, I am absolutely in love with mine.
    Cheers,
    Rog

Re: Steinel Heatguns?

Steinel are good. the bosch 630 dce also has complete steinel branded internals.

Comment

Could we see a picture or a link for these ...!!!

Comment

Theyre a good brand, no doubt about that... 8-)

But for roasting I think you need to make sure you aim to get something that produces at least 2,000W output with a Corretto otherwise you might discover that your batch size could be limited. Lots of other goodns around too though, e.g.

Makita
        Metabo
        Bosch
        Milwaukee

None of these are cheap though, all intended to be used as Trade Tools and therefore built to a higher standard than the average home handyman stuff like Ryobi and what have you...

Mal.

Comment

As mal says they are not cheap but good value for money, My Bosch has done well in excess of 200 roasts so i consider that to be a great outcome so i tend to think that the $120 i paid for my second bosch (when trouble shooting my earlier BM issue) not that expensive at the end of the day.

Comment

I have heard that some other heatguns use the same components, most notably Milwaukee which are widely available. I preferred to purchase a model with a ceramic element because I had heard bad things about certain ions produced by lower-end which can be toxic for human consumption. I dont know if there is any truth in this, or if it is simply propaganda which is put out by the Swiss manufacutrers, but I do know that I have never been more satisfied with any purchase than I have with my heatgun. Steinels website is http://www.steinel.net/products/heatguns/index.cfm
            but as it has been noted, they really arent cost effective new unless you have some other use for them besides small batches of coffee.
            Rog

Comment

Originally posted by 75464B574F4D48494254270 link=1247758030/5#5 date=1248098547
              I preferred to purchase a model with a ceramic element because I had heard bad things about certain ions produced by lower-end which can be toxic for human consumption. I dont know if there is any truth in this, or if it is simply propaganda
              Thats just spin mate.... :P

You dont have to worry about highly charged ions and the production of Ozone until the operating voltage is much higher than standard mains voltage....

Mal.

Comment

Working...
              X