Where does this go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does this go?

I have a thermometer that I do not know where it lives on my Toper 5kg Roaster. It is the safety thermomter that takes a reading and when it reaches over the setpoint dialled in it sets off an alarm and cuts off the gas supply. When I got it it was just placed inside the gas burner chamber but I would assume it has a more appropriate spot for it. See some pics below

Re: Where does this go?

There is no spot on the front of the roaster for the thermometer either

Comment

Can you swap out one of the bolts on the front and fit the thermocouple there by getting a bolt machined?

Sound like a hassle though, there should be a place for it.

Comment

I found this photo on the net so if its right??
        It goes where you currently have the dial thermometer fitted as per this photo ??

It most likely was fitted by the last owner in the same position of the original sensor entry point

Can you check if the sensor at the end of the wire works by dipping it in hot water

If it is broken you have the reason as to why the dial thermometer was fitted  

Another photo on the toper site has the dial thermometer fitted

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 496D646467675D496D716F6D020 link=1249259172/4#4 date=1249260271
          Can you check if the sensor at the end of the wire works by dipping it in hot water

the Thermo sensor works as I found out when it got over temp and alarm went off and cut gas off. hence I new what it was for. I left it in with the gas burner and hence temps raised quickly.

I also saw this photo and thought that this is where it fitted but did not think about the previous owners changing to the dial thermometer. I tried ti fit the sensor in the same spot but something must have been removed as the hole is too big for it (again retro fit must of happened) considering they made changes such as natural gas from LPG etc this is a good possibility. Not to worry, I think I prefer the dial thermometer anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X