Roasting Trolley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roasting Trolley

I got tired of dragging out a folding table, setting up the roasting gear and putting it all away again so I made up a purposebuilt rig.

Tripod is screwed to the deck and I can control the components from the switched power board. Two legs have castor wheels to make it easy to move but still remain stable when the gear is going.

Total cost was $43.00 for the power board and particleboard sheets. The rest I scavenged from the dark corners of my shed, the pine frame was rescued from the rubbish pile on a building site.

One day I will get around to making a neater mount for the HG on the tirpod, but I said that 20 roasts ago. 8-)[img][/img]

Re: Roasting Trolley

I like this trolley
    Do you get a bumpy or rickety ride on the brick pavers with those tiny wheels

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 7951555A4E7651555A4E340 link=1258811008/0#0 date=1258811008
      I got tired of dragging out a folding table, setting up the roasting gear and putting it all away again so I made up a purposebuilt rig.
      Hi CSrs,

Fully agree, purpose built is the way to go.
      I picked up my purpose built roast trolley on the roadside, thinly disguised as a baby bath/change trolley (who do they think theyre kidding).
      Only had to lose the bath top and reposition the upper tier to suit Corretto and control suite.
      The print patterns on the plastic surfaced top and lower tier are a bit childish for many, but perfect for me.
      This unit is now an essential part of my kit.

Cheers
      Lindsay

Comment

Am due to roast later today, will post a pic of my set-up, bound to impress.

Comment

Originally posted by 446069696A6A5044607C62600F0 link=1258811008/1#1 date=1258813645
          Do you get a bumpy or rickety ride on the brick pavers with those tiny wheels
          Yes KK the drive to the patio is like driving on a rural road in WA. But as it is only a few metres it is not a problem.

Comment

Looks good MeanzBeanz. That table top is ripe for cutting some holes and mounting the breadmaker + cooler flush with the top.

Comment

Originally posted by 4D667468070 link=1258811008/5#5 date=1258891124
              That table top is ripe for cutting some holes and mounting the breadmaker + cooler flush with the top.
              Thanks Jaso. I did consider that but built a bottom shelf to store my greens . Sinking the gear would rob me of that space.

Comment

For what its worth, this is my trolley. An old telephone table that belonged to my Grandparents.

Steve

Comment

I was lucky in The Great Kirbside Chuckaway of 2006 when my next door neighbour threw away this beauty that I have been using ever since. A powerboard and some happily placed bolts complete the customistation. Now it holds a coretto and not a popper as it did at the time I took this image but you can see the mounted power board.

Comment

My Wifes old Craft trolley..

Now my roasting set-up and stores a few beans in addition to other roasting items... Note the high tec temp probe  and my cooler

Excuse the mess..  Just trying to put some roof insulation up, thus the work table to the R/H side is covered in crap..

Comment

Working...
                    X