First popper roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First popper roast

Just finished my first popper roast of 80g of Brazil pulped naturals. About 3.5min to f/c, pulled at about 5min (was too busy tipping to look at watch) when big burst of smoke happened. Didnt really hear s/c.
    Roast appears pretty even. Probably had more trouble getting an acceptable photo. Now the problem is how long to wait before sampling?

Re: First popper roast

roast another 80 grams right now and start drinking them
    save 1st 80 for 5 days if you can.......
    then you might be able to compare to some degree if you can keep things fairly consistent

an idea for keeping poppers consistent is preheat the popper for say 30 secs prior to each roast then if you roast 3 batches in a row all three will "start" the same  

problem is 80g is maybe 5 coffees (maybe only 3..)

Comment

Why not try it now? put it down to curiosity.
      My Brazilian was quick to please but didnt evolve much.
      But I speak from limited experience.
      More experienced roasters will be better advisers for subsequent sampling.

Ill have one with you, am about to have a 2 day old Brazilian now.
      Cheers.
      Lindsay

Comment

Originally posted by 3B3E393324362E2536570 link=1260308835/2#2 date=1260309932
        My Brazilian was quick to please but didnt evolve much.
        What the? :-?

Comment

Originally posted by 5652746D6D6877606F010 link=1260308835/3#3 date=1260310408
          What the?
          Hes talking about his coffee, Warren , not his..errr...coiffure ;D

Comment

He he he ;D

Comment

Gave in to curiousity. Forgotten how time consuming my hand grinder is (love K3T) Certainly far from the worst coffee Ive had. Acidity seems prominent but flavour is reasonable, with good length and fresh finish. Also my first coffee tasting note, have to try to apply wine priciples!

Comment

Originally posted by 78726770707F6B6D1E0 link=1260308835/4#4 date=1260310660
                Originally posted by 5652746D6D6877606F010 link=1260308835/3#3 date=1260310408
                What the?
                Hes talking about his coffee, Warren , not his..errr...coiffure  ;D

A persons coiffure is their hairstyle.

Still sounds like coffee ;D

mmmmmmmm Brazilian

KK

Comment

Just passed the What do you think? to the wife. She didnt know it was the home roasted beans until after she said it was good. Another positive step on the snobbery road. 8-)

Comment

Working...
                  X