Behmor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behmor

I live in USA and have been roasting for about 6 months.  I love my Behmor. It definitely takes some time to get used to it, but  it is worth the effort. It does kick all those house alarms, especially with darker roasts.  I enjoy roasting on my porch when the weather is nice.
    It takes some tweaking to get darker roasts. One trick is to add time after you hit the start button, so the addition will be allocated to the last segment (full power) and use less beans, such as roasting 12 oz (360 gm) running 16 oz (480 gm) program. I usually watch new beans very carefully, listen for 1st crack (it is easy to hear it) and stop 3 min after the first crack when roasting 480 gm. Then I can fine tune  the next batches of the same beans. I solved the "problem" what to do with all those brown beans.  I give it to all the people I know. It gives me great pleasure, and often others return little favors.
    I am planning to give an Australian edition of Behmor as a gift to my Australian brother. He will also get roasting lessons when I visit Sydney this January.
    Happy roasting, Dunja

Re: Behmor

its a great machine, just took delivery of mine yesterday and i cant be happier....500g batches with ease

Comment

Originally posted by 312E033A33245C0 link=1260469418/1#1 date=1260845308
      ...just took delivery of mine yesterday
      then you paid too much for it!
      Do yourself a favour and dont look at our pricing when it lands.

Yes, its a good roaster, great "bang for buck" and the feedback should be positive from most home roasters.

The Coffeesnobs Behmor roasters are still on a (slow) boat which will arrive before Christmas (it should have already been here long ago!!!) and while we fully expected to be able to get the roasters out to CSrs by now there is little we can do about shipping schedules during the silly season.

For those that are waiting, you can track the ship KOTA LAGU on the very cool ARPS site:
      http://aprs.fi/?call=KOTA%20LAGU&mt=m&z=4&timerange=259200

With any luck customs and AQIS all go smoothly and we have them quickly after the boat docks in Melbourne.

Comment

Originally posted by 455A774E4750280 link=1260469418/1#1 date=1260845308
        its a great machine, just took delivery of mine yesterday and i cant be happier....500g batches with ease
        Sounds good. Any chance of a review, feedback, pro and cons?? All comments very welcome.

Comment

my mate just got his the other day, watched him do a roast last night. pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by 1639332E570 link=1260469418/2#2 date=1260871902
            Originally posted by 312E033A33245C0 link=1260469418/1#1 date=1260845308
            ...just took delivery of mine yesterday
            then you paid too much for it!

maybe i dont know  

Comment

that boat has not seemed to move in 3 days?

sorry strike that, half drunk keyboard jocky cant get it to update the boat.......

I am wondering about the price ???? we need more vids and pics of it......

Comment

I got my Behmor last week. What a beauty. 500 grams with ease. I fully recommend this machine to any snob.

Nick

Comment

Hi Andy .... Happy New Year to you and thanks for a great 2009 !!

Ive been tracking the boat and seems like docking in about a week - so does this mean the roasters will be available mid January?  Do you have pricing profile - say for multiple roasters?

thanks
                  hiker

Comment

Ah, the boat went from Fremantle, to Adelaide, then onto Melbourne.

The roasters arrived Christmas eve on the docks and because of the public holidays didnt clear until 2pm New Years Eve (yesterday arvo).

...but the good news is we can finally touch them and they will be available in BeanBay after testing and tagging and should ship out to CSrs this week.

(Dont PANIC, currently they will show sold out until we have them tagged).
                    http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/ViewProduct.aspx/372-behmor-coffee-roaster

More details on:
                    www.BehmorRoaster.com.au

8-)

Comment

Great news Andy,
                      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 19363C21580 link=1260469418/9#9 date=1262306962
                        Ah, the boat went from Fremantle, to Adelaide, then onto Melbourne.

The roasters arrived Christmas eve on the docks and because of the public holidays didnt clear until 2pm New Years Eve (yesterday arvo).

...but the good news is we can finally touch them and they will be available in BeanBay after testing and tagging and should ship out to CSrs this week.

(Dont PANIC, currently they will show sold out until we have them tagged).
                        http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/ViewProduct.aspx/372-behmor-coffee-roaster

More details on:
                        www.BehmorRoaster.com.au

8-)
                        AMAZING deal Andy!

Behmor 1600 Roaster
                        Australian certified electrical test and tag
                        2.5kg Green Coffee Beans
                        FREE delivery to any Australian street address
                        $5 FairCrack Donation
                        $50 credit for a future BeanBay purchase.

Fantastic deal for CSers who waited rather than jumping early...By my reckoning, CSers will get this at an effective $150+ cheaper than those who jumped early.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Comment

Originally posted by 04313C3B0F133F36363535500 link=1260469418/11#11 date=1262346281

Fantastic deal for CSers who waited rather than jumping early...

Thats called faith

Really looking forward to the release since my Corretto died...

...and looks to be a brilliant alternative at the price level.

Comment

Yep I agree, great value and well worth the wait. I jumped in and ordered one this afternoon. Cant wait to try it out when it arrives!

Comment

hey Barrel!

Did you order it from Beanbay? Mine says Sold Out - according to Andy, the Sold Out is valid until tagging, checking etc.

Id hate to miss out!!

cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X