Roast: Testing Behmor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roast: Testing Behmor

I thought it might be best to start a new topic on roast results on the Behom and post some pics so here gos.

My first roast was 1/2pound 225 gm of Peru Selve Estate by just using the default setting and see how to go from there. I used P2 Profile and let it run its own race with what I think is a great result for my first roast CS C8-c9..Roasted weight 6.6oz

This roasrter is going to be a joy to roast with no mess and for my first roast no smoke I did it on top of the bench with the exaust fan on which is a first for me roasting in kitchen.

Re: Roast: Testing Behmor

Looks great Gra , I am waiting for mine to arrive.
    Did you let it cool as per the progarm or crack the door?

Comment

Originally posted by 667B7C73736174150 link=1262756782/1#1 date=1262757166
      Looks great Gra , I am waiting for mine to arrive.
      Did you let it cool as per the progarm or crack the door?  
      As per program door closed I wanted to see what the results were from there profile with out change. the roast went in to the cooling phase about 35sec after first crack had finnished.

Gra.

Comment

Got mine this morning, did the dry run and left it. Sat impatiently then put 8oz (1/2 pound) of Waghi in.
        P2 profile C (14 minutes)
        First crack 8.30 in. Pressed cool with 3 min still on the clock. Looked like a nice cs 8/9 at the start of cooling but once out looked more like a cs 10/11. Ended up 6.9oz post roast.
        Will probably do it outside next time and crack the door and have a fan on to help the cooling along.
        Cant wait to try it however Im thinking of doing another batch of Waghi on P4 or P5 to a lighter roast and blending it with the first lot.

Comment

Just did another 1/2 pound of Waghi on P5 A. Ran it to the program, cooled just at the dieing stages of secongdcrack.
          Once cooled came out about CS 8/9.
          Will try the roasts individually then blended.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Waghi..................

Comment

1/2 pound of Rononi+P2 (a) = FAIL.

About CS 11. Very dark. Went into first crack right towards the end then pretty much straight into second just as I hit cool. Quite a bit of smoke.
            First roast of the Rononi, Plenty of Chaff in the roaster afterwards.

Comment

I setup for roast No2 today but I stuffed up the program got things back the front which is not to hard for me ;D

Any way I thought I will roast to first crack keep a eye on the color and hit cool be for second crack well the bulb blew out half way through first crack so I played it by ear but was to slow with cool and they rolled into second crack.

Turned out dark and some tipping .

Comment

Couldnt resist the call of the  bean and  after thinking over  christmas and  considering getting a  Kosmo Roaster rushed into  getting the Behmor.
                Paid by transfer monday, sent on wednesday and  recieved at work  friday 10 am.
                Did the burn in at lunch and  after  reading Gras post  ,  dove in with
                225 gm of Peru Selve Estate used P2 Profile and let it run .

This is  my  first  roast ever and  I got a bit nervous with 1.5 mins to  run and  not hearing any popping so added a  minute.
                The  crack started  at  the original 30  second  to go mark and I think I  can convince  myself  that   the  cracking  died down and  just  started again as the cooling cycle  began.
                I  again heard cracking through the start of the  cooling  cycle  so Iam hoping for a   good  strong  roast.
                Anyway  tasting will  tell.
                I will try to add  some pics but excuse me if they  dont  appear
                Regards  Lakeman (first time  roaster!)

Comment

just noticed something....my behmor looks different???

Comment

Originally posted by 213E132A23344C0 link=1262756782/8#8 date=1262947822
                    Need more info... Dont leave us up in the Air...

Comment

Originally posted by 0603100B17110A620 link=1262756782/12#12 date=1262952436
                      I think mr fox bought his elsewhere...
                      Arr... It was Mt FOX... Yes he bought EARLY

Comment

Originally posted by 6F705D646D7A020 link=1262756782/8#8 date=1262947822
                        Originally posted by 436C6567704F636C6365676F676C76020 link=1262756782/12#12 date=1262954640
                        Originally posted by 0603100B17110A620 link=1262756782/12#12 date=1262952436
                        I think mr fox bought his elsewhere...
                        Arr... It was Mr FOX... Yes he bought EARLY
                        Does it have the tall chaff tray which covers the window?
                        ...and the small half oval handle?

It might be that the other place selling them had some of the early model ones.

All of the CoffeeSnobs shipment are the 240v roasters with new short chaff tray and a "D" handle.

Ask the other mob, they might swap it for a current design one.

Comment

Some great looking roasts there Gra and Sniffta. Not all perfect but thats the fun of leaning... improve until you cant improve any more.

Big conrats to Lakeman (first time roaster!) that looks like a cracker of a 1st time effort! (bad pun I know)

I notice most of you are roasting under the rangehood. Hows that going?

Ive always been a "verandah roaster" at home using the different devices over the years as any chaff mess just blows into the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by 7D5258453C0 link=1262756782/14#14 date=1262959178
                            I notice most of you are roasting under the rangehood.Hows that going?

Ive always been a "verandah roaster" at home using the different devices over the years as any chaff mess just blows into the garden.
                            Roasting under the range-hood is no worries mate the only reason I have tried it this way was to show others that my be in apartments all is ok.
                            I will be moving back out to the garage with turbo next roast have already been given the word from the Boss ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers Gra..

Comment

Originally posted by 644B415C250 link=1262756782/12#12 date=1262959178
                              I notice most of you are roasting under the rangehood.Hows that going?
                              First two roasts with Behmor went well under the rangehood.  I am too lazy to go outside, so this is perfect for me.  I turned the hood off close to first crack as its a bit noisy and I wanted to hear the pops, but turning the hood back on at the start of the cooling cycle was essential, as a fair bit of smoke comes out of the machine at that point.  I tried opening the door to speed the cooldown, but the rangehood couldnt handle that volume of smoke, so if I want to try accelerated cooling techniques I probably will have to go outside.

Comment

Working...
                              X