Heat Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Guns

I also use the $40 Ozito. Its a good price for a variable temp gun and has a 3 yr warranty!

Re: Heat Guns

3 year warranty sounds pretty good ....... keep your reciept.

what watts do they run, or max/min temps

cheers
    hotshod

Comment

Im looking for a heatgun now that Ive scored an old bread maker from freecycle. Did you get the ozito from bunnings?

Comment

Originally posted by 7D737077160 link=1264392257/2#2 date=1267482524
        Im looking for a heatgun now that Ive scored an old bread maker from freecycle. Did you get the ozito from bunnings?  
        I use a digital Bosch but yep, Ozito is now a Bunnings brand

Steve

Comment

Ive had my variable temp Ozito for a while now with no issues. However, the temperature adjustment is definitely non-linear and I am also finding that I am having to use a higher setting these days to achieve the same temperature in the pan (using the same bean mass). As such, I am seeing an increase in the amount of tipping.

If you have the $$, get the Bosch.

Comment

Quote: "If you have the $$, get the Bosch." unquote

I concur on the Bosch or in my case a Makita 3 fan speed variable temp gun, the beauty of these guns is that they can be set up in one position and only have to adjust the fan/temp as required it makes roasting so much easier and with Andys roast monitor software repeating a roast profile is not a problem.

Comment

After much searching around and talking to Tradies who use them to make a living (Professional House Painters mostly), Ive just tracked down and bought a new "Metabo 2,000W Model #HE2000".

The Tradies who use them, swear by em for longevity, ruggedness and reliability. Good enough for me and they reckon it will be a doddle to use one with a Corretto (I owe a couple of bags of fresh coffee now ;D).

Heres a picture of one....

Mal.

Comment

Im with mal on this one, i was(still am i suppose)a tradie(resilient floorcoverings aka timber/comm vinyl/carpet etc) and i used heat guns flat out bending commercial vinyl up walls and around corners, i went through tonnes of heat guns, metabo was by far the best and longest performer.....by far, and they never blew up(literally) like the rest they just lost heat......which is handy when its held in your hand!

So are you roasting with both the corretto and the KKTO mal ;D

Comment

Gday Warren....

Always a good idea to ask people who use hardware every day making a living, I reckon, when it comes to buying something for the long haul.... 8-)

As it happens, Im really struggling with the KKTO. Havent been able to get a decent roast out of it, easily, since the couple of roasts that KK "supervised" while he was here. So, Ive gone back to the Corretto.... Im going to carry out a couple of simple mods with my setup using the Metabo to make it even easier for me to use and then stick with that for the time being.

As time progresses, perhaps updates to the KKTO will make that a viable option for me to use but as things stand now, Im not prepared to sacrifice any more beans towards an unknown outcome. When it comes to roasting coffee, Im a very tactile sort of bloke and just feel too far removed from the process with the KKTO (for now). Will wait and see how things work out I guess.... :-?

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 032E2A262B470 link=1264392257/8#8 date=1267596661
                    When it comes to roasting coffee, Im a very tactile sort of bloke
                    Know what you mean Mal - if only I could get in the drum! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 537279797E64170 link=1264392257/9#9 date=1267598172
                      Originally posted by 032E2A262B470 link=1264392257/8#8 date=1267596661
                      When it comes to roasting coffee, Im a very tactile sort of bloke
                      Know what you mean Mal - if only I could get in the drum!  ;D
                      Its a bit like that, isnt it Den.... ;D

Mal.

Comment

Well nit yourself a Insulbrite jacket with a hoodie and some trackies and boots and jump on in! you may want some motion sickness tablets too

Comment

Working...
                        X