Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple of old units I am off to look at.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of old units I am off to look at.

Just thought I might share ;D

Off to have a closer look in the morning... Will be getting a few bits and playing with my sandblaster... Going to try about 3 different compounds and see what works best... As he has had some quotes but not happy with the level of pitting etc. I use glass beads and some fair results using baking powder.... Sand and garnet are for heavy work...

Then, the owner can go an get them done by a pro and understand the differences in the end result...

I can only assume the restoration will take some time but will be worth it 8-) I may be able to assist with some of the electrics ??? The gas stuff will be done by a very experiences gas fitter...

Will try to post a pic or two along the way.. Plus there are a couple more that also very interesting...

But as they say... Proof is in the cup; thus it may be a while before we can confirm...

Re: Couple of old units I am off to look at.

Is the owner planing to use these or cleaning them up for display ?

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 4B6F666665655F4B6F736D6F000 link=1264506827/1#1 date=1264510546
      Is the owner planing to use these or cleaning them up for display ?

KK
      One might think both....  There has been some significant renos going on...

Ya need to drop around again..    

Hope to meet QualityMan there today..  But due to work ... can not define an exact time..  

I hope to give a hand over the next few months and may be pick up some non working bits ;D

Comment

Had a first hand look today and picked up a bit of stuff for my self

Some will just be for display and left almost as is... The biggesr gas fired units (not shown) could be used for small local batches Time and quality of the systems will tell.

OH and an extra.. That I have always liked...

KK ya got to drop around... Lets do a Saturday some time :-)

Sorry about the quality - IBrick

Comment

I know that shelf ......

Comment

Originally posted by 68474E4C5B644847484E4C444C475D290 link=1264506827/3#3 date=1264565348
            KK ya got to drop around...Lets do a Saturday some time
            Sounds like a plan
            You can PM me with some details

KK

Comment

I love the look of older roasters!

Are there many of them lying around in sheds in Australia, or is it a matter of importing from Italy etc?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by 6E1C1C5F5845424B2C0 link=1264506827/6#6 date=1267663418
                I love the look of older roasters!

Are there many of them lying around in sheds in Australia, or is it a matter of importing from Italy etc?

Cheers.
                Its where you find them ;D

Some of these have come from all over the EU...

Fingers crossed and it will not be long B4 at least one will be up and running..

PS. I am using the remains of one as a compost bin

Comment

Working...
                X