Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a Behmor will fit your bill perfectly!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by artman View Post
      Sounds like a Behmor will fit your bill perfectly!

Cheers
      Agree with Artman on the Behmor, the Corretto (breadmaker/heatgun) set-up is also a great method of home roasting, pick up the breadmaker on evilbay and a heatgun and away you go, the set-up can be refined as you go with a datalogger and CS monitoring software. Check out the Corretto thread for more info!!
      cheers Trevor

Comment

Stock Standard Behmor, it's a great simple system, but even though it's made for dummies like me, I manage to burn beans every now and then.

Comment

I used a popcorn popper for several years but the motor isn't sounding to good so I figured it's time for an upgrade.
          Decided on the Behmor 1600+ based on price and capacity.

Comment

I use a popper, trial and error, recording the pops, time, amount, temperature with a thermometer.

Comment

Have been using a KK roaster for 6 years now and just have to occasionally change over the heating unit. Usually just buy a $30 unit from Aldi when they come on sale. Also had a new shaft made out of stainless as the aluminium one developed a deep groove and was only a matter of time before it failed. Usually roast about 600 grams at a time and works a treat. Have thought about getting a commercial machine but just like the idea that I can roast more than 500 grams at a time.

Comment

I still use a heat gun and breadmaker (Coretto i think it's known as) or a great 1kg roast. Works a treat

Comment

Roast in my garage with a bread maker & heat gun. Also use the flour sifter and heat gun. Use the Behmor 1600+ from April thru Nov.
                  Colorado winters and unheated garage invite electronic, pre-programed failures.
                  I got a Breville Barista Express BES 870xl 3 weeks ago.....Really enjoying coffee now!

Comment

I roast on an Arc (from Crop to Cup).

Comment

I've had a Behmor 1600+ for a month or two now. Seems to do the job, reasonable low smoke/smell due to the catalytic converter, but I do it outside as it still stinks up the house pretty good.

Comment

Getting back into roasting over the last couple of months, after a break of several years.
                        For start-up cost, load size and flexibility, its hard to beat a Corretto.
                        Working on adding a built in, standalone temperature logger to it, which also had a USB output for connection to PC/tablet/smartphone for logging. I may add PID for heatgun output.

Ignore the magenta RoR trace in the pic: I applied a correction curve to the thermocouple sensor but when this first trial roast was done, the RoR got messed up by the correction. That's why I ended a little steep too.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Brekel; 12th August 2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Me too for a humble breadmaker and a heat gun. Aka corretto.
                          Cheap to buy cheap to maintain and roster beans are as good as from any roaster I know.
                          GR

Comment

I used to use a popper until it caught fire one day. Luckily I was roasting outside at the time. I then purchased a Behmor 1600 from Coffee Snobs many years ago and it has worked faultlessly ever since. I would say my next roaster will again be a Behmor. I have a Quick Mill Andrea Premium machine which I love, it makes great coffee and it too has worked perfectly since I bought in 2013.

Comment

Working...
                            X