Solar Autoroast and Torrefattore 2kg discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Autoroast and Torrefattore 2kg discussion thread

Has anyone any comments about using a Coffee-tech Solar 2kg roaster?

Re: Solar Autoroast and Torrefattore 2kg discussion thread

Welcome "Latte thanks".... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Pretty sure that Chris of Talk Coffee sells these so would be my first port of call for info....

Mal.

Comment

Good little roaster.  

I wish it had some sort of interface so you could input specific temp profiles via a laptop, or datalog.

Just like most other roasters, the cooling tray is about half the size it needs to be, and external cooling is via 2x PC style fans.  It does have an internal cooling cycle.

Chaff collection is excellent.

Its small enough to fit onto a decent SS trolley, so you can wheel it around.

It comes with a 15A plug, but it can run off a 10A circuit.  

Comment

Hi "Latte thanks"....

You can give me a call re this roaster if you would like and I can discuss it with you. We are the master distributor for them in Australia so know them very well. I can also point you in the right direction of some people that are using them and we also have them setup at our training facilty should you want a demonstration. There are agents in the various states distributing them depending on where you are located.

I have attached some new colour options from an order we recently unpacked.

Cheers....Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

Out of interest, is there somewhere where more detailed information can be obtained, a Users Manual download link for example? Ive already checked out the PDF Brochure from your website....

Mal.

Comment

Hi Mal,

Can you please send an email to me at sales at coffeeroasters dot com dot au and I will send you a copy of the manual.

Cheers, Mark

Comment

Out of interest....thats a plastic topped fold down caterers tressle table right?

Just trying to figure out if one might fit in my shed or not ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 715D54545757605D534146574041320 link=1266324274/5#5 date=1266479673
                Hi Mal,

Can you please send an email to me at sales at coffeeroasters dot com dot au and I will send you a copy of the manual.

Cheers, Mark
                Thank you kindly Mark.... 8-)

Will do

Mal.

Comment

They fit on an Ikea SS kitchen trolley.

Comment

Solar Autoroast and Torrefattore 2kg discussion thread

This thread created for those who would like to discuss the Solar Autoroast or Torrefatorre 2kg roaster... http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1203772677/6#6

Comment

Originally posted by 6177727263616D64646767020 link=1203772677/9#9 date=1271751854
                      A couple of months ago a cafe owner contacted me as he was interested in roasting coffee for the two cafes he owns and wanted to stick with the organic fairtrade raw product that his current Roaster was using.

After some discussion we were able to connect him with a supplier of the same raw beans and two weeks ago, using the rent-try-buy option, he took delivery of a 2kg Solar Autoroast....
                      Great to hear that hes happy with the outcome Dennis!

These are nifty roasters!

Today, I was contacted by a bloke in a similar situation who wanted to know whether 10kg a week would be viable in a Gene Cafe and how cheaply could he produce roasted beans, or alternately, what could I roast for him under $18/kg?? Hadnt thought about it but on reflection, I reckon I could roast a chook for that.   :

Comment

time to introduce a payment plan for this roaster ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 72474A4D79654940404343260 link=1271763496/10#10 date=1271763855
                          what could I roast for him under $18/kg?? Hadnt thought about it but on reflection, I reckon I could roast a chook for that.
                          Thats cheep.

Comment

Free range chook maybe.

Biggest benefit for this roaster...Repeatability.

Comment

Have you got one wotb? What price we lookin for this roaster?

Comment

Working...
                              X