XU1 heatgun mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XU1 heatgun mods

Has anyone modded an XU1 heatgun to separate the fan from the heating element?

Re: XU1 heatgun mods

I have done it on a Aldi Turus.

It aint an easy and certainly not something I would recommend someone with little or no electrical knowledge to do.

Also you need some airflow through otherwise you will burn out the element.

Comment

Is it more complicated than doing the same thing for a popper?

Can you give me a quick description of whats involved? How do the fans get their power?

Id like to know whats involved before butchering the HG.

Comment

Originally posted by 332631313A373526303D33353A540 link=1289825553/0#0 date=1289825553
        Why?
        If youre thinking to use the fan only to cool the beans I dont think it will do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by 1E223F242E2F382D252E4A0 link=1289825553/3#3 date=1289866439
          Originally posted by 332631313A373526303D33353A540 link=1289825553/0#0 date=1289825553
          Why?
          If youre thinking to use the fan only to cool the beans I dont think it will do the job.
          2 reasons. So I can adjust heat output without affecting fan speed and risk damaging the HG. And also so I can run the fan by itself to cool the HG after roasts.

I did originally wonder if I could cool the beans with the HG but I have picked up a GMC electric blower/vac from a garage sale for $5. 8-)

Comment

Why not buy a heatgun that already has the facilities you require? There are several models to be found on the market....

Mal.

Comment

You mean the variable fan speed and variable temp ones? I did buy one of them too . The $75 Ryobi. But Im going to automate the heating and fan speed and didnt want to butcher the more expensive one.

Anyhow, I have the HG open and at first glance it seems very similar electrically to my crazy popper.

Comment

No worries mate, take care....

Mal.

Comment

All done. About as easy as doing the equivalent to a popper.

Comment

Working...
                  X