Corretto mixing enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corretto mixing enough?

Ive just run my corretto for the first time.

Its a Sunbeam Convection Bakehouse? with a rectangular tin.  The beans at either end dont seem to get mixed around much.  Will this be ok still?

Heres a short clip.  I think theres 750g green in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic0sNFcyr3I

Re: Corretto mixing enough?

I dont like the look of that.

Originally posted by 6174636368656774626F616768060 link=1290469212/0#0 date=1290469212
    I think theres 750g green in there.
    Youre not sure?

Try less (measure it) until it mixes well.

Just because the pan will hold more doesnt mean you should.
    Remember they are designed to mix dough with no heat blasting in from above.

Try 600gm; this will give you 500gm roasted.

If youre not lucky enough for that just keep reducing the batch size and testing the agitation until it looks right.

Comment

does not look like those outside ones are coming in very well

like TG said drop back to 600 gm

mine likes about 600 but i have the more square BM tin and it mixes well

Comment

I did try it with less and it seemed about the same or worse.

Ill try again with varying amounts.

Is anyone else using a rectangular tin with a single stirrer?

Comment

I settled on 600g as the best batch size for Corretto, you get good accurate readings from the DMM about a third of the way down the bean mass, great air circulation, no tipping just  consistently good even roasts--tried and proven over 400 Corretto roasts

Comment

Gday gc....

Unfortunately, pans of this dimensional orientation are probably going to be prone to this sort of behaviour. Try extending the height of the Stirrer Paddle and perhaps angling the extension so that the rotating motion also lifts the beans. You wouldnt need much of an angle, probably 10-15 degrees would be enough....

Mal.

Comment

Well I tried my first roast in this breadmaker.

It wasnt the most successful roast as I was trying to get my roast controller set up.  It was too slow at the start and way to quick between cracks.

Heres the outcome. Nowhere near as even a roast as I usually get with my popper. Probably due to the poor mixing. I think Ill have to keep looking for a square tin BM.

Comment

You can easily remove the edges from the mixing equation

Put in a round insert

The diy method is to use any caterers tin as they are larger, eg beans
                Cut out the top and bottom then cut to length to suit the circumference required

Easy 10 min job even if its just experimental

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 7164737378757764727F717778160 link=1290469212/6#6 date=1290680407
                  Well I tried my first roast in this breadmaker.

It wasnt the most successful roast as I was trying to get my roast controller set up.  It was too slow at the start and way to quick between cracks.

Heres the outcome. Nowhere near as even a roast as I usually get with my popper. Probably due to the poor mixing. I think Ill have to keep looking for a square tin BM.

i think KKs suggestion is a good one, have you tried it? Any luck?

Comment

Working...
                  X