Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Hobbs Convection Toaster Oven

Hi,

I noticed that Target have the Russell Hobbs Convection Toaster Oven for $89.

It made me think I wonder if you could convert it into a roaster a bit like the Behmor.

You would have to make something to keep moving the beans like a rotisserie system?

Re: Russell Hobbs Convection Toaster Oven

mm or even this Rotisserie Oven from aldi
    http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_14416.htm

Comment

They do not give enough heat.

Comment

The Russell Hobbs Convection Toaster Oven goes to 250C or is it the direct heat that you are talking about?

Comment

I brought a Breville oven a while back to look at doing the same thing to. Elements need repositioning, needs more insulation to reduce heat loss (speeds roast time) and even then needs more mods to make it something close to the Behmor which is a plug in that works.

BTW I brought a secondhand Hottop instead of this project, oven is BNIB in the hall cupboard

Comment

ok thats alot of work.

Comment

Originally posted by 5D445142425F43300 link=1291274984/3#3 date=1291276705
              The Russell Hobbs Convection Toaster Oven goes to 250C or is it the direct heat that you are talking about?
              Gday mate....

Were not really referring to temperature but thermal energy output - Kind of like horsepower....

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 6C756073736E72010 link=1291274984/1#1 date=1291275845
                mm or even this Rotisserie Oven from aldi
                I tried that 6 years ago...
                http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1090196434

Modified to work with gas was far better but it still lacks the air flow needed for a great roast. Even considered adding the extra heat with a heat gun which would have provided the air flow... but never did try that.

The Behmor was invented after Joe Behm watched a late night advertorial on telly for a toaster oven and thought that it would make a good coffee roaster. Difference there is it took years and a big ol pile of folding stuff to get the Behmor to the place it is today.

I guess like the replies above, it can be done but will need modification and if you want to tinker then give it a go. If not then there are better options around now (and you can tinker with them too).
                :

Comment

Originally posted by 18373D20590 link=1291274984/7#7 date=1291335117
                  and you can tinker with them too
                  Oh yes you do Andy! I pretty much use the Behmor exclusively now as my KKTO was just too much work with my current work/study routine, i dont get the same results, but that will change in time, hopefully with a few little andy mods and the infamous roast monitor 8-)!

The Behmor is a great little purpose built roaster out of the box and its the right price too!

Comment

Working...
                  X