Behmor Blink = Interesting roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behmor Blink = Interesting roast

i know the topic of double roasting is one that is not new here but i thought i would share my latest adventure, i had quite an interesting  roast up last Saturday, i was onto my second 450g batch of some whacky blend i was testing out when all of a sudden my Behmor had a freak out and the LED screen started counting down at super speed and would not allow me to end roast or add time..etc  it was like the button pad had frozen. At any rate in desperation i simply pulled the plug and the end result being that i was left with a batch of beans i was about to throw out as they had only just turned golden.

Being more concerned that something might have really gone wrong with the roaster i held onto the beans to test out the Behmor, and an hour later i put them back in and started it up again. And to my great joy the roaster ran as per normal again. The beans roasted remarkably well, almost better then normal as if the rest time allowed them to settle.

The cupping was the real WOW moment, super creamy and outstanding finish and mouth feel. The moral of the story is while i don’t suggest pulling every roast early , i do suggest if you ever hit a roast you have to pull early hold onto the beans and give them another run.   

Re: Behmor Blink = Interesting roast

Excellent outcome Dd.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Just goes to show, if you dont try youll never know.

Great stuff mate 8-)

Mal.

Comment

interesting indeed... would be even more interested in a blind tasting direct comparison between regular roast and "double" roast

Comment

Originally posted by 4C61656964080 link=1300157346/1#1 date=1300177799
        Excellent outcome Dd.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Just goes to show, if you dont try youll never know.

Great stuff mate 8-)

Mal.

Thanks Mal, this is true - i guess in the world of coffee we never stop learning...for example:

"how much coffee does it take to get the jitters?" ;D

Comment

i agree Mischa, would be a worthwhile test. Would also interesting to see if it affected degassing times for various bean verities. Anyone tested this thesis? ..... If not, i am seeing a possible coffeesnobs academic paper in the making :P.

DD

Comment

Working...
          X