Turbo Oven from Aldi $35 (and pasta pots) May 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Oven from Aldi $35 (and pasta pots) May 26

Coming May 26 Aldi turbo (convection) oven $35 and pasta pot $25 but you have got to put it together yourself. KK + Disciples shows the way.

Re: Turbo Oven from Aldi $35 (and pasta pots) May 26

Originally posted by 4441464C5B49515A49280 link=1305800076/0#0 date=1305800076
    Coming May 26 Aldi turbo (convection) oven $35 and pasta pot $25 but you have got to put it together yourself. KK shows the way.

Thats a good find mate

I am always available to give a helping hand

What about you ?  Thinking about building one yourself :

KK

Comment

I have zero experience with TO style roasters.
      Currently faithful to my Corretto but I could help out getting rid of the chicken and veg.
      At $35, faith could easily become fragile.
      Perhaps Ill just review KKs DIY threads.

Lindsay

Comment

Originally posted by 4B4E494354465E5546270 link=1305800076/2#2 date=1305801412
        I have zero experience with TO style roasters.
        Currently faithful to my Corretto but I could help out getting rid of the chicken and veg.
        At $35, faith could easily become fragile.
        Perhaps Ill just review KKs DIY threads.

Lindsay

Apart from the great roast results the design had to comply to the wifes wishes for it to be a clean system and easily stored away

I have achieved nirvana on both fronts
        Good roast results and internal chaff collection which equals no nagging from the boss

Thats a win win in my book

KK

Comment

Sounds good. Will investigate the cost, but what do you use as a base? How do the beans get rotated?

Javaman

Comment

Originally posted by 765D4A5D515D523C0 link=1305800076/4#4 date=1305836868
            Sounds good. Will investigate the cost, but what do you use as a base? How do the beans get rotated?

Javaman
            You can make a base & fit a motor & agitator system yourself, you can check how its done from my & other KKTO build threads and also my youtube uploads

I have also developed a kit for non handy persons
            All individual parts of the kit are available from CS sponsor Barazi Bezzera
            You can also visit the KKTO roaster web site that is also owned & operated by sponsor Barazi http://koffeekosmo.com.au/ to see all the parts involved in the build

KK

Comment

If you are in a hurry head to kmart and pay the extra $4 for one of these. Aldi can be a bit chaotic at times.

Comment

Originally posted by 2028262E2C36362A262E450 link=1305800076/6#6 date=1305862547
                head to kmart and pay the extra $4 for one of these
                I have had a Homemaker TO since August last year, works fine for me. Most of the internal components are quite good, the internal wiring is a rats nest, but I dont know if any others are any different. I did pull mine compleetly to bits and rebuild it from the ground up a few weeks ago, this was my idea though not a problem with the TO.

Comment

Originally posted by 3038363E3C26263A363E550 link=1305800076/6#6 date=1305862547
                  If you are in a hurry head to kmart and pay the extra $4 for one of these.

Pasta pot sets were about the same price as those Aldi ones as well. I know this because I was there looking for a popcorn popper ;D

if I could find an easy way to stir the beans in a KKTO I would have one, Ill have to keep thinking on that front

Comment

trentski,
                    What are you wanting when you say you want an easy way to stir the beans? Ie, agitator or a drive motor?
                    I used the boiler from K mart, they have a mini steamer insert in the top of the main steamer, this is curved, and with a pair of tinsnips makes an excellent stainless agitator! 
                    I used a windscreen wiper motor for the drive, but if you donw want to stuff around with a 240 - 12 v transformer why not cut down a bread maker?
                    As has bee said theres loads of threads on these KKTO style builds and plenty of friendly advisors, including the ever-helpful KK himself!!
                    What are you waiting for? get into it!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4E485F544E4951533A0 link=1305800076/8#8 date=1306387517
                      Pasta pot sets were about the same price as those Aldi ones as well. I know this because I was there looking for a popcorn popper

if I could find an easy way to stir the beans in a KKTO I would have one, Ill have to keep thinking on that front
                      There is KKTO kit roaster available from sponsor Barazi

All parts you need are available individually for the DIY person

If you purchase your main components elsewhere & if you need an agitator then its available

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 252E29292D22293F2A23460 link=1305800076/9#9 date=1306388661
                        if you donw want to stuff around with a 240 - 12 v transformer why not cut down a bread maker?

That came to me on Friday when I was telling someone else about coffee roasting. Ill chase it up.

Thanks KK, I didnt realise there were so many options there 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 7A7C6B607A7D65670E0 link=1305800076/11#11 date=1306717011
                          Thanks KK, I didnt realise there were so many options there Cool

Whenever you need a helping hand, you can post a question or PM me and I will guide you through

And there are many ways to get to the same result

The most important design components of the KKTO are
                          1] Volume of roast chamber to available heat from the TO
                          2] Good agitation
                          3] Insulation

Its all about how good you are with practical but simple DIY

Regards
                          KK

Comment

Bought one yesterday to keep as a spare should my original give up the ghost.

You just never know, it may end up being used for cooking ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 5B56555B390 link=1305800076/13#13 date=1306725898
                              Bought one yesterday to keep as a spare should my original give up the ghost.

You just never know, it may end up being used for cooking  ;D
                              Yes its good to have a spare
                              And yes a Turbo Oven really does a great job on roast chicken

Hey Mal (Bolb) you would have clocked over 200 roasts on your KKTO set up by now

KK

Comment

Working...
                              X