Drill Stand Perth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill Stand Perth

Ive been looking for a drill stand to hold my heat gun. Had no luck.

I know that people in Perth have said they have them.

Just wondering if anyone could let me know where you got your drill stand, in Perth, and what it cost.

Thanks

Alec

Re: Drill Stand Perth

You could also consider a microphone stand, I use one and it allows lots of adjustment of height, angles, reach etc. I paid less than $20 for a brand new one

Comment

While were talking alternatives, a laboratory retort stand and clamp should also work. Look for metal clamps. I mount my drill in one when buffing or grinding smaller things at times. Lots of height and angle options like a scope stand. I acquired mine years ago in the course of my employment so not sure of cost.

Should be loads of lab supply compianies in Perth with all those WA mines.

If youre still after a drill stand, there are lots of woodworking machinery places in Perth too. Same with car parts places. They should stock something.

Comment

Do they have ALDI supermarkets in WA? I bought mine from ALDI for under $10.00

Comment

I got a cheap one from Bunnings some time back - was about $20 or so from memory.

Comment

I dont think Bunnings sell them anymore... when I was looking for stuff I went to the local flea markets (Melville on Sunday Morning for Perth locals) had used drill stands..but I actually ended up getting a used flexible shaft desk lamp for $2 which was easy to adapt...but then again I had a variable heat gun

Comment

Did you ever source a drill stand AlMac ?
              Ive found they are virtually impossible to buy new or even second hand here.

In the last few days, Ive realised that I need a drill stand too - but for drilling not holding a heat gun.
              After 3 days of web hunts, endless phone calls, trapsing from possibility to possibility (I actually counted 14 stops in the last 2 days) I finally managed to find one at the local tip-shop. It cost me $10 and including an untested vintage 1958 power drill (Ill probably donate that to a collector I know).

I had 6 tool resellers (counted them too) tell me they did not plan to stock them again.

So my advice is, if you are even remotely considering using a drill stand as part of your coretto and see a drill stand then grab it then and there. Mine is going to become a valued family heirloom.

Comment

Hi, after conducting the same searches, bunnings, aldi etc I picked up the inca i3150 high performance tripod from officeworks (sorry cant post a link as im low on posts, but just put it into google and its on their website).
                Its advertised at $19.75 online but it was $16 in store and at a minimum height of 42cm (max 1290) it can fit on over the bread maker perfectly. Its also fully adjustable so you can control height and then swing it out of the way when its time to dump.
                Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                X