IKAWA microroaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IKAWA microroaster

Apparently shown at the London Coffee Festival a few days ago.

http://www.ikawacoffee.com/system/

By "micro", meaning 50g batches. No pricing as it seems not to be in full-scale production yet, and the information is somewhat sketchy.

Is there anything to it?

Re: IKAWA microroaster

the concept sounds great for sample roasting on a consistent level

Comment

I can see it being really useful for blend roasting. I know using my coretto, if I wanted to do a 4 bean blend, Id be roasting a big batch. And i probably wouldnt be able to use in time. :P

Comment

Originally posted by 6D485F404D11290 link=1335760451/2#2 date=1335835844
        I can see it being really useful for blend roasting. I know using my coretto, if I wanted to do a 4 bean blend, Id be roasting a big batch.
        Thats why I still have a popcorn popper

Comment

My guess is that it will be a very expensive little roaster. Very cute though and its appearance suggests its well made.

Im not sure I understand the intent behind it. As a commercial sample roaster it would be very hard to translate profiles from this to a big drum roaster.

Comment

even if the profiles are somewhat lost in translation maybe it would be good for testing samples of green beans- and getting idea abouts what type of roasts they are suited to, and blending options?

Perhaps of some use to green been growers and buyers?

It certainly is a good looking machine: I like the idea of roasting micro batches at my desk as I work... cool must have coffeesnob USB peripheral device.

Comment

Working...
            X