Joper Roasters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joper Roasters?

Does anyone have any experience, opinions regarding Joper roasters?

Seem to be well built, lots of cast etc. Look good on paper.

Martin.

Re: Joper Roasters?

Very exe based on my chats with Dean Morgan and tough and well made. I was looking (still considering this and a couple of others) at a little 3kg one a while back. There is a 30kg going in about an hours drive away from you if you give Carlinni coffee a chase up. I dont think it will be installed for another month or so.

Comment

Bit confused about what youre saying here Tim.  Are they very exe because Dean Morgan said they are, or did he perhaps give you a price that you thought was very expensive?  And anyway...very expensive compared to what?  Indeed, they might seem cheap compared to an equivalent spec Probat.

Martin, I suggest you ask Dean Morgan for referrals to pro roasters who use a Joper to ask about their experiences, as well as Jeff who is mentioned above.  Keep in mind though that we have all come to our personal decision with our heads and heart.  And once that decision is made, we find it very easy to rationalise our choices.

All the best!

Comment

No actually exe compared to other similar sized industrial roasters I was looking at. They were running at circa double the price of Has Garantis of a larger size and 30% premium to Diedrich and US Roaster so I think that qualifies them as EXE.

Value is of a different matter all together and that is why I was still considering one.

Comment

Gday swig.

Actually I think you may be in the "wrong forum" as you seem to be asking an industrial / commercial type question. While there are perhaps a handful of people here that may be able to answer your question in some way, all but perhaps 2 of them usually dont participate / remain silent.

As Dennis said in a round about way, people end up with whatever brand model industrial roasting plant they end up with, usually determined by all their previous experiences and back ground, and their individual circumstances. Not to labour the point but that means the circumstances of their choice of brand / model are unique to their particular situation.

European "plants" usually cost more however they are genuinely and generally thought of in (coffee) industry, as being the best roasting plants, and I believe roaster manufacturers *loosely* fall into 3 budget categories:

1) The europeans
          2) the americans
          3) the rest of the world.

A Joper may be expensive in comparison to a non european made roasting plant, but may be "cheap" compared to other europeans. Its all relative and really, only relative to your own particular circumstances and wants.

And as Dennis said, once you have named and purchased your weapon, you have no choice but to sing its praises. This is something that isnt hard to do, because every time you upgrade your roasting plant you are looking for something better (not just perhaps bigger) which means, that you genuinely are happy with your choice as it is better than the old plant the new one supersedes for you.

Asking a roaster if he is happy with his plant then, is really kind of looking to get a biased answer one way or the other and could become quite confusing in the end if you approach enough roasters all using different equipment.

For your situation you simply have to do your homework. The only way I know of to do that is by speaking to the import agents or manufacturers on your list, and asking them for REFERRALS to their clients so you can visit them and discuss. For me, this cant be done by way of a computer screen. It requires you get in your car and on planes to go visit people who are good enough to allow you access and time to talk.

And if it is a large plant, by getting on the plane and visiting their manufacturing plant.

And after that, youre on your own to do the best you can just like everyone else

Hope that helps,
          Attilio
          very first CS site sponsor.

Comment

Thanks guys for your responses, very appreciated.

Martin.

Comment

I have been away from CS for a couple of weeks and received your PM sent in the "old" system. For the life of me I cant see how to reply to your PM in this new fangled CS set up, so am replying to you here.

Appreciate your feedback and kind words.

Regardz,
              Attilio

Comment

Working...
              X