Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good coffee roasting courses in Melbourne

Hi all,

I was just wondering whether anyone knows of any good coffee roasting courses in Melbourne. I am very new to roasting and admitedly not producing great results so id like to get some prope training on this. Hope someone can help.

Many thanks
    Mike

Welcome to CoffeeSnobs. What sort of roaster do you have and is this for commercial or personal use?

Comment

Thanks flynnaus,

I used to work in Taiwan and on returning i purchased a semi commercial unit (runs on lpg) from Commerciala link removed

Many thanks,
      Mike
      Last edited by Javaphile; 16 November 2012, 02:18 AM. Reason: commercial link removed

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleCracker View Post
        Hi all,

I was just wondering whether anyone knows of any good coffee roasting courses in Melbourne. I am very new to roasting and admitedly not producing great results so id like to get some prope training on this. Hope someone can help.

Many thanks
        Mike
        I'd like to second that also new to roasting and would be interested in a course in Melbourne. I'm roasting on a huky 500 but would like to step up to a larger commercial roaster one day!

Comment

Hi Dylano,

Can i ask you where you got the Huky 500 from and how has it been to use?
          Welcome to coffeesnobs also

Comment

Hi, I bought the huky directly from the maker in tiawan. I've found it easy to use lots of adjustment can be during the roast air flow/ heat ect. I've had a lot of good results with single origin beans. But I'm trying to roast a pre bought blend at the moment and my results have been hit and miss I don't think it's the huky I think it's my inexperience that causing the problems.

Comment

Working...
            X