Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does My Behmor Have a Problem?

Hey Guys,

I'm new to roasting and got a Behmor for Christmas. I've roasted off 19 batches so far but have noticed an issue with the timing recently where I get nowhere near the Rosetta Stone timings for 1C and 2C and have to keep manually adjusting. Is this normal or a problem with the machine?

I clean out all the chaff between roasts, wipe clean after every 5 batches and pre-heat for 1 min before every roast. I've included some history of my results below so you can see what I mean:

Peru Ceja de Selva - 12/1 235g 1/2 P2 A 1C 1.45min, 2C 0.30min - CS8
    Peru Ceja de Selva - 29/1 235g 1/2 P2 A 1C 0.35min then press +++ to extend, no 2C - CS8.5

India Elephant Hills - 29/12 200g 1/2 P2 A 1C 2.30min, 2C 0.23min - CS8
    India Elephant Hills - 3/2 235g 1/2 P2 A 1C 0.38min then press +++ to extend, no 2C - CS8

Do greens change over time in terms of roast time or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks for any advice,

Mick

I clean out all the chaff between roasts, wipe clean after every 5 batches
    You're also supposed to be doing a dry burn after every 5 batches in addition to the cleaning.

Java "Clean sensors are a good thing" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

G'day Mick,

I also noticed that my Behmor roast times did vary a bit from when it was new compared to after a number of roasts.

I put it down to "running in" and times lengthening due to oils building up and components of the Behmor "burning -in". This is even after cleaning every 5 roasts with Simple Green and then doing a "dry burn".

You could try 1/2-P2-B which will have a longer roast duration or even 1/2-P2-C if you need to go longer. You will see the time vary as you press B or C. If the roast is getting away from you before the timer runs down you can always hit cool.

Comment

Thanks Guys, completely forgot about the dry burn!!

I've been using vinegar to clean as I couldn't find simple green, is this ok? I saw a window cleaner called simpe green, is it the same thing?

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by eaglemick View Post
          Thanks Guys, completely forgot about the dry burn!!

I've been using vinegar to clean as I couldn't find simple green, is this ok? I saw a window cleaner called simpe green, is it the same thing?

Mick
          Bunnings carry a large range of Simple Green products. Apparently Mitre 10 & Masters do also but not all stores.

This is the Simple Green link for Aus. - Simple Green

You could get in touch with them to find your nearest retailer if you were keen to get it.

Comment

Working...
          X