Bench Top Roaster on Steriods..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench Top Roaster on Steriods..

Heres a few pictures of a Bench Top roaster I spied in New Zealand last week.

Anyone care to comment/guess what this is? Photos a bit blury sorry..
    Awesome beast, runs on gas, plumbed in, looks great.
    Attached Files

I've no idea what it is but. It's sooooo cute

Comment

I believe that is the San Franciscan SF-1 from the USA. Like the one you saw they can configure them to run on 230v but apparently this slows the motor a little according to the owner of the company. Not sure if this has much effect on the overall roast result though.

Comment

I believe that is the San Franciscan SF-1 from the USA.
        That'd be my guess.

Like the one you saw they can configure them to run on 230v but apparently this slows the motor a little according to the owner of the company.
        The speed of a motor is determined by the frequency of the electrical current it is supplied. The US uses 60hz current while y'all use 50 hz. Hence your motors run slower than those in the US.

Java "Micro Drives rock!" phile
        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Okay the FACTS about the SF1 Roaster.
          This awesome little beast is the backbone sample roaster for many 3rd wave roasters in the USA. Its well proven technology and roasts brilliantly. They do need to run on a step down transformer to 110v and the 50hz issue will slow the roaster too much to the point where its clunky.
          Solutions: Contact Bill Kennedy at Coffeeper.com and ask for an 18 tooth bevel gear to replace the 15/15 gear setup. Placing the 18 tooth gear on the drum drive motor gets the roaster spinning correctly and the results are nothing short of awesome. its a very easy fix with just a set of allen keys.
          Secondly they are now looking at replacing the current fan motor to a higher capacity unit and are implementing a dampener on the hot air pipe which will have this little roaster turned into a fully profiling unit. On ours we have also swapped to 4 wire thermocouples allowing us to profile and log all roasts on Artisan. All in all a great little roaster and the retrofit upgrades take it to the next level especially for 230v 50hz customers.

Comment

Working...
          X